As a headquarters marketing role, the successful candidate will lead and manage Chevron’s Techron aftermarket fuel additives business in North America. Deliver the business plan through: indirect sales support of major national retail accounts, direct management of the auto manufacturer business through distributors, advancing innovation and upkeep of the product line to drive sales and new distribution. Monitor the business including: financials, market and competitive analysis, cost management and price change recommendations, and providing product category and consumer insights anchored with an external point of view.
Key Job Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the Techron subject matter expert working collaboratively with sales, marketing and supply chain to deliver product line changes, customer-specific promotions and programs to grow distribution. Shared P/L responsibility with sales for growing Techron fuel additive volume and earnings through major national retailers and direct P/L responsibility for growing the business through auto manufacturers.
- Nurture strategic customer relationships, including additive suppliers, and private label business leveraging internal technical subject matter experts. Pursue proof of performance work, recommendations and testimonials, where applicable.
- Foster internal relationships with: technology, supply chain and procurement, marketing and sales, legal and retail fuels, to speed implementation of approved initiatives.
- Oversight and influence of aftermarket fuel additive activities including but not limited to: programs to enhance sales and distribution, COGS/pricing analysis, anticipate trends and plan changes to the line, business case development with economics and demand forecasts, commercialization, collateral work, trade show leadership, etc.
- Business management use of syndicated data, competitive analysis and trends, incorporating research insights and recommending tactics including price changes. Ensure that the right level of management reporting is in-place to support insights and recommendations around: product/plant/packaging costs, profit, volume, and pricing.
- Bachelor’s degree in: Business, Marketing, Management/Finance.
- A minimum of 8 years relevant industry experience in consumer packaged goods or automotive product sales support, marketing, customer marketing, and brand.
- Experience working with major national retail chains and distributors.
- Must be able to travel domestically 30% or more.
- Familiarity with digital, content, social and influencer marketing.
- Commercial skills. Possesses sound business/financial acumen supported by strong analytical skills. System adept. Proven ability to evaluate the financial implications of business decisions to drive the brand, product line, volume, and profit.
- Communication, collaboration, customer focus. Track record of building internal and external relationships at all levels. Acute business focus, team player, polished presentation skills.
- Project management/prioritization skills. Highly organized self-starter, multi-tasker, planner, business case developer, able to advance a multitude of projects internally and externally.
- A proven record of delivering results, with a winning, competitive spirit.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.