The role of Regional Food Service Manager is to manage all aspects of current chain customers from R&D, procurement, marketing, and executive level for Gulf Coast Blenders and Camellia Brands. In addition, this position will require identifying and penetrating new business within restaurant industry as well as further processing manufacturers, and food service distributors. This role is responsible for delivering the revenue, profit, and market share objectives of L.H. Hayward by providing outstanding leadership, strategy development, business plan deployment, fact-based selling and world class tactical execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently deliver volume and profit growth targets.
- Utilizing a consultative approach, the Regional Food Service Manager must take a strategic approach to selling, identifying needs of the customer and deploying the appropriate internal resources to accommodate the needs.
- Develop and execute customer specific plans and strategic selling programs to successfully exploit market opportunities.
- Possess a strong working understanding of each customer’s strategy, organization, menu, Marketing/R&D, and decision-making process.
- Generate opportunity pipeline to include new business acquisition, existing business expansion, and custom product development.
- Coordinate new product development initiatives from concept ideation to launch. Act as cross-functional project liaison to ensure strong communication and eventual sales success.
- Manage contract negotiations, RFP’s, and pricing with individual customers for optimal outcome.
- Closely interface with Haywards cross-functional departments: R&D, QA, Supply Chain, and Finance, to ensure team’s alignment with customer expectations.
- Penetrate customer organization at multiple levels and across key functions including Purchasing, Supply Chain, Marketing, R&D, QA, etc.
- Develop and deliver impactful customer presentations & business reviews to positively shape customer strategy and provide insights & solutions for profitable growth.
- Demonstrate command of the business with thorough understanding of customer trends. Provide business insight and thoughtful business outlook.
- Positively, represent L.H. Hayward at various customer conferences, seminars and meetings as needed.
- Ensure strong fiscal responsibility by managing within budgets and optimizing ROI.
- Demonstrate principled leadership within the collaborative and team-oriented environment always striving to do business the right way.
- Knowledge of CRM Platforms
- Knowledge of Major Food Service Distributors
- Regional/National Chain account knowledge
- Knowledge of Custom Blending Spice/Flour
- Ability to work remotely without direct supervision
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in experience
- Minimum 5+ years of sales experience in the Foodservice Industry required selling to restaurants, multi-unit a plus.
- Marketing experience is beneficial.
- Candidates should have a strong working knowledge and relationships with national account customers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Outstanding demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent strategic capabilities
- Solid conceptual thinking abilities with keen intuitive instincts
- Strong results orientation
- Excellent business planning/organizational/project management skills with previous business management/development exercise
- Solid understanding of the financial impact of sales
- Strong working knowledge of supply chain principles/processes
- Understanding of the impact consumer trends and preferences in the food industry
- Demonstrated success in developing business opportunities, identifying customer needs and changes in their markets
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success in developing customer relationships
- Excellent ability to manage through indirect relationships
- Excellent negotiation and “closing” skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications/presentation skills
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills
- Skilled at data analysis
- Excellent trade relations
- Valid driver’s license
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods, foodservice
About this company
L. H. Hayward & Co., LLC produces, packages, and supplies beans, peas, lentils, and rice in Louisiana and Gulf Coast region. It sells its products online and through grocery stores. The company was founded in 1923 and is based in Harahan, Louisiana.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA