Sentia Wellness' mission is to be the leading global provider of pure, tested, and effective hemp derived CBD consumer products while positively impacting the lives of our customers, employees and shareholders. We are a rapidly growing startup in an industry that is looking for highly motivated and professional individuals to join our team as our Chief Product Officer. Our company produces and sells a variety of hemp-derived CBD products. If you are a team player and desire to quickly grow your career, we want to hear from you!
As a top executive within the organization, the Chief Product Officer (CPO) is responsible for defining the product and brand strategy. They ensuring the vision is shared and successfully executed throughout the organization. The CPO drives organizational growth through developing, actively managing, and promoting a product portfolio that attracts sales and generates profit in complex multi-channel international markets. They develop, support, and insist on results from a broad range of product and marketing professionals and ultimately ensure organizational success though brand and product performance.
- Create and execute strategic product and marketing plans
- Build and retain a team of high-performing marketing and product management professionals
- Product-level performance to support sales of $20MM/mo by 12/2019 and $500MM total for 2020
- Product-level performance to support 60% gross margin, 20% net margin organizationally
What You’ll Do:
- Consistently develop successful products and brands resulting in product offerings that attract sales and generate profit. Has ownership of product sales and margin performance.
- Spearhead product strategy and conceptualization; research and solicit information from a wide variety of internal and external sources to understand industry and customer needs and inform product offerings. Identifying target consumer segments and markets. Manage processes for achieving a scalable product portfolio and drive overall profitability. Establish and promote a strategic vision to guide all product activities.
- Lead Product Development and Product Commercialization processes, transforming product ideas from concept to customer-ready. Guide team members in effective collaborations with R&D, production, sourcing, materials management, and quality experts to ensure product designs align with production capabilities and quality specifications while also considering the financial involvement, marketing needs, legal environment, and the overall goals of the business.
- Direct the work of the Product Management team. Ensure constant improvement in the product and that the product continues to meet the expectations of consumers. Track, analyze, report, and communicate product performance data. Use the resulting information to guide evolutionary product changes, and the development of new products. Help others cross-functionally to use the data to improve overall business results.
- Cultivate and nurture superstars; drive individual and team-level performance targets; provide opportunity; expect and reinforce results. Hold team members accountable through communication.
- Predict the future. Be a student of the industry and the competition. Collect, create and analyze data from internal and external sources to inform product strategy and goals. Work with finance and senior management to forecast product performance, project budgets, and maintain critical data sets required to lead and ensure organizational success. Prepare presentations and reports; keep peers and subordinates informed and prepared.
- Develop and execute a powerful marketing strategy. Build and lead a multi-disciplinary marketing team to support the full product portfolio and a complex multi-channel international sales strategy, including gas/convenience stores, spas, specialty retailers (lifestyle, pet supply, health & wellness), Multi-Outlet (food/grocery chains, mass merchandisers, big-box retailers, club stores, discount/dollar stores, military commissaries… ), and similar avenues for reaching existing and new markets.
- Oversee engagement in trade and industry events, including conferences, demos, press opportunities, and other similar marketing and brand promotion opportunities. Work closely with the sales team to Identify and coordinate opportunities and ensure all activity is consistent with the overall product and marketing vision.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources (e.g. sales, manufacturing, quality assurance, legal, finance, procurement, packaging, distribution…) to ensure smooth development, manufacture, and delivery of products required by the market. Navigate and support complex customer processes, such as quality and supplier qualification processes.
- Be a knowledgeable and compelling representative of the company, presenting information and educating others in a variety of settings, including individual and team meetings, trade shows, physical and online community forums, and other similar environments.
- Achieve outcomes using methods that align with Sentia‘s values:
- Create Wellness & Quality in everything we do
- Be the example; always do the right thing
- Use data to find our flaws and drive us to do better
- Hold nothing sacred – disrupt, innovate, and revolutionize
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Support the team; provide assistance to others as needed
- Actively invest in team projects and all-team meetings
This position has a significant number of both direct and indirect reports and is a top leader of people within the organization.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE:
- Experience successfully introducing new products in a high-growth multi-channel environment
- 10+ years of experience delivering revenue growth through the development and management of a CPG product portfolio.
- 5+ years of senior-level leadership experience with responsibility for a significant number of direct and indirect reports.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Is an expert in multi-channel CPG product portfolio management, with the ability to develop dynamic strategic and operational plans for aggressive revenue growth in national and international markets.
- Is an expert communicator and educator. Has the ability to draw others in and successfully create connections that drive action.
- Is a great leader and team member to others. Provides and receives feedback in a constructive manner; coaches, mentors, and invests in the success of the others. Holds self and others accountable.
- Advanced knowledge of product development, marketing, customer experience, and product management processes. Able to use own expertise and that of others to make responsible decisions.
- Has advanced knowledge of data collection, analytics, and report writing; is able to effectively analyze and synthesize information and to communicate numeric and technical data in easily understood graphics and text.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, and to leverage others for help when needed.
- Advanced computer skills, with the ability to accurately and efficiently manage data in spreadsheets and databases, and to utilize advanced features of commonly used office programs such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Salesforce, and various types of electronic communication software.
- Ability to routinely travel nationally and internationally, to be present at the worksite for regular office hours, and to effectively manage projects and tasks with others, both in close proximity and at remote work sites.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Possible industry related certifications
- Driver’s License is required for this position.
- Passport or similar international travel document is required for this position.
- Must be able to operate a computer for up to 8 hours in a workday, including typing, moussing, and reading from a monitor.
- Must be able to grasp, hold, and precisely manipulate small objects such as product containers, packaging, and marketing materials.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in person, and through a variety of electronic devices, such as mobile phones, email, and web meeting and conference applications.
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to navigate commercial transportation hubs and sit for extended periods of time in the course of ground or air travel.
- Must be able to perform visual inspection of and basic manipulation of work environment, equipment, and objects.
- Must have basic memorization and recall capacity, the ability to synthesize information, and the ability for complex thought processes.
- Must be over 21 years of age
- Consistent attendance and punctuality are required of this position.
- Ability for unrestricted travel on all major airlines, including internationally.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
About this company
Founded in 2019, Portland-based Social CBD promises to provide the highest-quality Pure, Powerful and Honest CBD products. Social CBD is a brand of Sentia Wellness and utilizes extensive world-class manufacturing and laboratory analyses that exceed industry standards for optimum customer confidence. Social CBD is sparking a wellness movement and global conversation around better self-care and greater health, from education and driving social connections, to making hemp-derived CBD products widely accessible to people from all walks of life. thesocialcbd.com