We currently have an opportunity for Senior Engineer located at our manufacturing plant in Louisville, KY.
This is a challenging position that will need to effectively engage with Operations, Maintenance and Project teams to be successful. The role leads and participates in planning and conducting work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria within engineering specialty. Performs work which has a limited number of complex variables and devises new approaches to problems encountered. The incumbent will develop the most financially feasible alternative.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Identifies and manages external resources to develop new products, technologies, and processes.
- Utilizes project plans to set team priorities, deliver on project milestones, prepare for contingencies and find solutions to technical barriers and obstacles.
- Provides technical leadership to team problem solving, identifying new project opportunities and guiding the development of the initiatives through engineering, research and prototyping.
- Makes presentations/communicates appropriately to business and technical leadership to report on project status.
- Prepare technical research, testing and reports to support new product and claims.
- Develops prototypes ranging from mock-ups through functional and aesthetic models.
- Develops technical cost models and product specifications.
- In locations where applicable, responsible to comply with the SQF and GMP practices and programs to ensure safe food packaging product and to report food safety problems to those with authority to take action.
We need you to have:
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Chemical Engineering
- 8+ years of related professional Engineering experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Excellent capabilities in Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Proficiency in SAP
Icing on the cake:
- MBA or another advanced degree
- Experience using CAD, AutoCAD, and SolidWorks or equivalent software
- 5S and Lean experience
CPG, CPGjobs, Consumer Packaged Goods
Location/Region: Louisville, KY