The Gift Shop Supervisor is responsible for driving sales in the gift store through inspiring a positive, relationship-based service team. Reporting to the Retail Manager, this role oversees daily operations, inventory management and merchandise presentations for the gift store. Serving as an ambassador for the Sierra Nevada brand, this role directs varied Sierra Nevada experiences for internal and external customers. This role will prioritize the development of the Gift Shop team through planning, coaching, and facilitating personal and professional development plans.
- Supervise Gift Shop Operations Coordinator and Gift Shop Clerks in daily retail duties to ensure operational and service excellence
- Determine hiring and training needs with Retail Manager on a quarterly basis
- Train Gift Shop team on Sierra Nevada service standards and provide team with craft beer industry knowledge; create and maintain development plans for team members utilizing available internal resources
- Write sales reports and present merchandising and sales strategies to the Retail Manager quarterly and in alignment with retail goals and budgets
- Drive sales and profit
- Schedule Gift Shop team members to support the customer patterns and needs of the business
- Ensure consistent merchandise presentation for optimum ease of shopping and general appeal
- Collaborate with Retail Manager and the Gift Shop Supervisor cohort to drive efficiencies in the Guest Experience department
- Foster an environment in which our team builds professional relationships with our internal customers
- Creates and maintains gift shop budget, including generating profit and loss statement
- Perform duties in other Guest Experience areas (reception and tours) as needed
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Retail Management or related field preferred
- Three (3) years of retail experience required; experience with inventory and ordering software platforms preferred (emphasis on Great Plains, Savant, Micros)
- One (1) year supervisory experience required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to lead and inspire change, growth and new thinking
- Proven ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in an environment that values creativity and flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Solid, practical knowledge of the Microsoft Office platform, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited or nonexistent standardization exists
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather); risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but can be occasionally moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 44 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider
- Intro to Craft Beer training certification required within 90 days of employment
- Must obtain California Food Handler Card prior to start date
- TIPS certification required within 90 days of employment
- Occasional travel may be required, for training and development purposes
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer