What We Do
Suji's Korean Cuisine was founded in October 2013 by Suji Park, an international entrepreneur and restaurateur. Her infectious passion for pushing the envelope and love of Korean food is mirrored in everything that we do. From frozen entrees to Korean BBQ, Suji’s Korean Cuisine products are driven by a commitment to making authentic Korean flavors accessible to mainstream American consumers at leading retailers including Costco, Kroger, and Safeway.
Our diverse team is comprised of individuals whose backgrounds range from working at startups to Fortune 500 companies, and who share the common goal of inspiring people through the discovery of new and delicious culinary experiences. From Korean BBQ lessons to Soju 101, as a member of our team, you will continuously fine-tune your knowledge of the flavors and nuances of Korean food. You may even get to make an educational trip to Seoul!
Being a member of our team means that you are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive at problem solving, leading, and identifying opportunities to collaborate within the organization. As Suji’s is a growing startup, every member plays an integral role in helping to drive rapid business growth. Each day you walk in the door is a chance to make an impactful contribution. If you are passionate about sharing your love of good food and want to make a significant and measurable difference within an organization, we welcome you to apply for the Key Account Manager for Costco position. This position is based at our office in Seattle.
What You’ll Do
Manage all support functions related to management of Costco and other assigned accounts, working across all company departments and with related brokers. This position reports to the Senior VP of Operations and Sales.
- Lead and prepare weekly Costco call reports with Broker Partners and Suji’s team members
- Manage all Costco communication between Broker Partners and our internal team
- Support Marketing in rendering detailed and comprehensive Costco presentations, including product and category analysis utilizing CRX/IRI data
- Work with Broker Partners to ensure all new items and programs are accurately and timely set up in customer databases
- Analyze and report on Costco business updates, insights, risks and opportunities
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, and Operations teams to ensure management of customer needs are well planned and executed
- Develop strong, direct working relationship with Broker Account Support Team to ensure Costco customer service, inventory, delivery, and all essential logistics are aligned
- Support Sales team’s management of national accounts, including trade spend management and administrative responsibilities
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or Marketing)
- 3+ years of experience with account management and in CPG industry
- Previous experience working with Costco in account management support is required
- Familiarity with category management principles, trade management, sales analytics, and operations
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Effective communicator – written and verbally – who truly enjoys building and managing quality customer relationships
- Self-motivated with a roll up your sleeves and do it yourself, professional attitude
- Passion for transforming the world through food with your “everything is possible attitude”
- Operates with a high level of integrity and is committed to excellence in their work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in highly dynamic office environment
- Proficiencies with office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications, e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Valid Driver’s license, current insurance, and access to a vehicle
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship
- Knowledge of Korean and/or Asian food a plus
What we offer
Your benefits package consists of a range of benefits including healthcare coverage, paid time off, and professional training.
Compensation: Based on individual, relevant experience.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: This is a Seattle office-based position that will require some occasional travel. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, filing cabinets and copy machines.
Physical Demands: Will require periodically standing for long periods of time and occasionally the need to lift heavy items, and at times crouch, crawl, stoop and bend.
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more.
This job description is a general description of the job. This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that this position may perform.
FDMR, Inc., d/b/a Suji's Korean Cuisine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location/Region: Seattle, WA