This role will have independence yet will heavily interact with marketing support and in-house creative teams, Operations, Sales and other Marketing colleagues.
This role is responsible for managing brand activities (from packaging, in-store communication, website creation, website communication, website ecommerce, social media, Sales team support, channel marketing support), as well as product management (for example, SKU rationalization, profit maximization, pricing, ideation with Innovation team, packaging graphics changes) and oversee all executional efforts to see these product changes happen.
This job requires a self-starter who would like to take ownership of a smaller brand within the Nutraceutical portfolio. You will wear a lot of hats (from creative to analytical to executional). This role needs a hard-working, ambitious, entrepreneurially-minded leader who is eager to make a mark and show dramatic impact, all with a minimum of oversight and under the scrutiny of the CEO. If you want to build a great career case study that you are an action-oriented, impact leader, then this is the job for you.
- Marketing and Business Planning: Develop initiative plans, marketing activation plans, promotional strategies with associated budgets, and action plans for identified opportunities.
- Consumer Insights and Voice: Develop and communicate the target consumer profile. Understand the consumer and develop meaningful insights that can be translated into brand actions.
- Market Analysis: Analyze and track the market, competition and brand performance data for opportunities. Analyze the total market, brand share and competitor share in a clear and compelling way.
- Marketing Communication: Communicate with artists and copywriters and manage their work. The ideal candidate should also have a good eye for packaging communication.
- Channel and In-Store Marketing Support: Help Sales push this brand through appropriate channels. This will include preparing presentations about the brand and providing Sales with instore marketing materials.
- Website Management: Analytical savvy to manage the creation of an ecommerce website. Familiarity with Shopify (or the aptitude to learn it) would be a plus.
- Social/Influencer/Digital Marketing: Manage the digital communication effort for this brand. This would include organic social (Instagram/Facebook feeds) as well as foster and curate influencers.
- Product Portfolio Optimization: Evaluate the portfolio for profitability and SKU rationalization. Oversee all product changes.
- Pricing: Set pricing recommendations. Analyze and balance consumer value needs, competitive pricing and company profit goals.
- New Product Development: Manage all aspects of new product development from conception through market introduction. R&D resources exist to help. Manage many new products all at varying stages of development and hit launch dates.
- Brand Education/Training: Act as an ambassador for the brand in providing training and education on all products within the brand.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Marketing Experience: Minimum of 3 years marketing experience. Sales experience is valuable, but not a substitute for marketing experience.
- Experience in consumer-packaged goods preferred. Must have experience managing a brand or working on a brand team with demonstrated track-record of excellence.
- Software Skill: Must be able to learn, utilize and navigate through Nutraceutical custom software applications in addition to normal office productivity software like Microsoft Office, Trello, Asana, etc. Must be able to learn and utilize subscription data applications like SPINs. Experience with Shopify, Google Optimize, Google Analytics, is a plus as you will have to use these programs.
- Digital Experience: Have experience in and familiarity with the ever-changing digital marketing and e-commerce landscape
- Organization: Must be organized in creating and maintaining a product tracker relating to all aspects of product management. Prioritize and focus on the most important things. Strong organizational skills, and high attention to detail.
- Creative & Analytical Skills: Both creative and analytical skills are required to a high degree.
- Leadership Skills: Strong intra-team leadership qualities and track-record of effectively working with other departments/teams. Proactively problem solves and works cooperatively with others in the organization.
- Presentation & Communication Skills: Both oral and written skills are a must-have. Must be skilled at giving clear communication to others and executive summaries of recommendations/results to senior management. Requires writing skills & attention to copy detail.
- Attitude: Possess a positive disposition in the workplace and contribute to the company culture. Act in a professional and respectable manner. Must have an enthusiastic, positive attitude about being asked to do work.
- Work Ethic: Must have a hard-working, fast-turnaround work ethic. Must be self-motivated, eager to take on more work. Must have a passion for getting results fast.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and talk or hear.
- The employee must exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include near acuity, far acuity, depth perception, accommodation, color vision, field of vision. Maintain good hygiene.
Notice to Recruiters
We prefer that candidates apply directly rather than through recruiters. Recruiters must contact the Human Resource Department prior to submitting a resume, may only submit resumes to the Human Resource Department and may not contact hiring managers without Human Resource permission.
This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications.
The position, duties, and qualifications are subject to change at any time.
Location/Region: Salt Lake City, UT