● Leads the On Premise Channel team to understand, develop and implement key customer initiatives across the on-premise channel, driving accountability with all key stakeholders
● Lead appropriate programming across on-premise channel, allocating resources appropriately
● Establish positive customer rapport at all levels in all assigned accounts
● Brand responsibility includes the entire B-F portfolio
● Collaborates with division teams to ensure superior distributor execution of brand initiatives
● Leads, coaches and develops a Team of 1 Hive Activation Manager in addition to direct reports
● Partners with Field Marketing Managers in Development of Brand Champions (4) and Brand Ambassadors (3) to drive commercial excellence in programming
Planning & Analysis
● Responsible for managing budgets and delivering a specific field profit objective for their area of responsibility
● Leads On Premise team to coordinate appropriate dialog on local market feedback for specific brand plans – agree on objectives and priorities
● Coordinate communications of adjustments to plan based on performance and success in the market
● Serve as Metro NY “market expert” for strategic planning and programming, collaborating with brand teams, National Account team and distributor leadership to maximize ROI on program executions
Distributor & Agency Management
● Serves as the primary contact with 1 VP, 2 Director of Sales managers, a dedicated and non-dedicated selling division, as well as management/collaboration with the distributor Account Development Specialist teams
● Develops and/or ensures proper activation of all programs for the on-premise
● Lead development and oversight of execution for On-Premise pull programming, and all branded initiatives
● Responsible for the implementation and execution of B-F business plan with distributors, and holds them accountable for results
● Monitors and measures performance of Distributor
● Manages third party promotion agencies for on-premise (Hart, Greenhouse and Hive). Ensures agency team is aligned against BF business and brand plans
● Plan, manage and coordinate special events within the market which include multiple visits from out of state guest with NYC based events/meetings
● Serve as the key point of contact with key on premise account groups, covering the entire Brown Forman portfolio of brands
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or experience equivalent, plus 5-7 years sales experience (Beverage Alcohol Industry preferred).
● Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors and accounts and all internal stakeholders.
● Excellent manager and developer of people: demonstrated commitment to providing regular, constructive feedback to business partners; demonstrated coaching ability; ability to objectively assess both skills and potential.
● Demonstrated knowledge of on/off-premise business and three-tier distribution system
● Team leader: Able to build and sustain effective, results-producing teams, within the state, across business functions, and with business partners.
● Action-oriented: Responds in a timely and effective manner to business issues and opportunities.
● Highly organized: capable of meeting multiple deadlines and juggling multiple projects.
● Literate with word processing programs (such as Word), spreadsheet programs (such as Excel), and presentation programs (such as PowerPoint).
● Literate with Google systems, such as Google sheets, Google docs and Google Slides.
● Must be able and willing to travel (by air and car) up to 30% of the time.
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
Location/Region: Metro New York, NY