Sovos Brands is new kind of food & beverage company with a mission to acquire, build and revitalize one-of-a-kind brands. The company has a distinctive approach to people and brands, working to ensure that both can really thrive. Sovos has the soul of a startup, the experience of an industry leader, and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the leading global private equity firms in the world. We will invest in and grow high quality brands such as Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods and Rao’s Homemade, in on-trend categories that consumers love.
We don't have a mission statement as those are well intentioned, but often end up being meaningless.
We have 6 GUIDING PRINCIPLES which we live by:
Lead with courage and tenacity
Focus on quality
Obsess with the front line
Communicate with candor and respect
Enjoy the ride
We are currently seeking a Cost Accountant for our Michael Angelo's Gourmet Food's business unit.The Cost Accountant will be responsible for the various cost accounting and related functions associated with sales, cost of goods sold, variances and inventories, as well as assisting with month end general ledger close, all cost reports and other activities as assigned.
The Cost Accountant will:
- Conduct daily inventory analysis to solve inventory problems.
- Prepare daily and monthly analysis of production cost variances.
- Prepare daily and monthly analysis of labor cost variances.
- Maintain other daily, weekly and monthly reports as required by Production and Warehouse departments.
- Ensure accuracy of current cost and bill of material detail for all products.
- Calculate and update labor and overhead rates as needed.
- Reconcile inventory and assets to the general ledger, ensuring accuracy of reporting.
- Support Month End Close.
- Support annual physical inventory counts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP in a cost environment.
- Good organizational, analytical problem solving and communication skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people.
- Must be responsible and self-motivated.
- Willing to work extra hours as project or production needs dictate.
- Passion towards driving continuous improvement.
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
Sovos Brands is new kind of food & beverage company with a mission to acquire and build one-of-a kind brands. Sovos has the soul of a startup, the experience of an industry leader, and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the leading global private equity firms in the world. We will invest in and grow high quality brands such as Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods and Rao’s Homemade, in on-trend categories that consumers love.
Location/Region: Austin, TX