The Category Manager develops critical insights and solutions for the Kroger business to grow the size and the value of the Spirits and sparkling wine categories. The Category manager is also the primary Brown-Forman representative to the customer for all category management processes and expertise. This position addresses complex business opportunities by leveraging multiple data sources, analytics and shopper insights. This role requires interaction with the customer. The Category Manager must be able to synthesize their insights and solutions into communication that are persuasive to the customer. This work is done collaboratively with the internal multi-functional team and distributor partners.
▪ Establish expertise in Kroger business and help guide the overall Category Management strategy for the customer.
▪ Partner with Kroger distributors to lead the Category Management initiative that supports profitable sales growth with the customer.
▪ Ability to define business opportunities based on the retailer's strategy, business needs and goals.
▪ Translate understanding of the spirits and sparkling wine categories, shopper behaviors and category trends to actionable strategic business recommendations.
▪ Influence key stakeholders both internally and with the customer.
▪ Link data from multiple resources (Nielsen, IRI, Infoscout, Market6) to tell a coherent, persuasive category story
▪ Provide monthly business reports, post promotional analysis and other analytical reports for Sales team and Director of Grocery to identity opportunities to maximize distribution, assortment and programing needs.
▪ Conduct brand and category analysis to evaluate performance against business objectives, identify competitive threats and highlight product strengths/weaknesses.
▪ Responsible for Bi-Annual category business reviews and space & assortment optimization with the customer assortment managers for New Item and Expansion of the category.
▪ Manage multiple competing priorities under demanding time constraints with a focus on driving results
▪ Provide impact of promotion programming to the customer sales planners to evaluate the effectiveness to collaborate and build onto successful programs
▪ Deliver value-added insights and recommendations to the Director of Adult beverages quarterly to grow the overall adult beverage category.
▪ Partner with division CAMs to assess and analyze category and brand trends at a deeper level to create strategic selling stories for their retailer buyers.
▪ Act as a Category expert to develop relationships with 3rd party (PLM) space assortment team to help guide them to creating assortment strategies for spirits and additionally continue to educate them on the spirits industry.
▪ Provide internal selling stores for the brand teams to help understand the business needs at the retailer to ensure growth of not only Brown-Forman brands but the overall category at the customer.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree plus 3-5 years Category Development experience, or equivalent education/experience combination.
▪ Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on projects with cross-functional teams
▪ Expertise with analytical software including (internal account data), Nielsen or IRI; Spectra and Prospace/Apollo desired
▪ Strong oral and written communication skills
▪ Sales presentation building and delivery experience
▪ Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills, Access skills a plus
▪ Store Clustering and Segmentation analysis desired
▪ Ability to think strategically and work in a team environment
▪ Ability to travel 25-30% of the time
▪ MBA and experience working within the CPG industry, Beverage Alcohol industry is a plus
▪ Category Captain experience a plus
▪ Distributor knowledge a plus
▪ Info Retriever and Partners Online experience a plus
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
Location/Region: Louisville, KY or Cincinnati, OH