Hostess Brands LLC
Hostess is one of the largest packaged food companies focused on developing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing fresh baked sweet goods in the United States. The brand’s history dates back to 1919, when the Hostess CupCake was introduced to the public, followed by Twinkies® in 1930. Today, Hostess produces a variety of new and classic treats including Ding Dongs®, Ho Hos®, Donettes® and Fruit Pies, in addition to Twinkies® and CupCakes.
Please see this link to research our company:
Work in Mixing Area and provide leadership / support to the Mixing Crew. Responsible for set up, to organize, increase speed, and other duties in order to produce a consistent product in a timely manner that meets all standards set forth by the Bakery.
- Combine all raw materials in proper sequence and sign off that each ingredient has been added and processed for the correct amount of time as outlined in the mixing system (Formula Sheet)
- Rotate mixed ingredients back and forth to the line being served.
- Keep the line supplied with ingredients while adhering to the pace set by the Oven Leader.
- Complete and deliver all batch forms (Formula Sheet) to the Production Manager.
- Keep/supervise your work area, tools and supplies, organized and sanitary throughout the shift.
- Assist in the training of mixing area helpers and / or assistant mixers.
- Follow all GMP’s and Safety Procedures as outlined by the Bakery.
- Performs other duties as requested by Production Manager.
- Flexible on work schedule and Overtime as needed.
- Verify that all batches are produced on your shift.
- Experience in Food Processing / Manufacturing/ HACCP, Certification preferred but will train
- Ability to communicate effectively (English & Spanish), read specifications and pay attention to detail
- Proven attendance in addition to flexibility in scheduling
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Reading, written and mathematical skills.
- All product will be handled with care in the appropriate manner, as outlined in the Mixing System,
in order to minimize loss in the quality or appearance of the finished product.
- The mixing area and tools will be maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
- Equipment problems or malfunctions and accidents will be reported immediately to the Production Manager.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum supervision.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, climb, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, talk, hear, lift, and perform repetitive
- Ability to frequently move objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate a pallet jack, and other material handling equipment.
- Ability to work well with the Mixing Team.
- Factory environment
- Varying noise and heat levels.
- Responsibilities allow opportunity for varying work routine
- Support SQF by maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner.
- Support SQF through the monitoring of incoming services.
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, and encourage minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Location/Region: Southbridge, MA