As an Associate or Senior Associate within the ALM Investments group of PNC, you will be located in New York, NY. The level for this position will depend on the experience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
The Associate or Senior Associate will be part of the Quantitative Research and Modeling group within ALM Investments. The incumbent will develop models and analytics related to a rich variety of fixed-income assets and other important and highly visible processes within the firm.
Modeling projects or focus areas may include:
1.) Mortgage prepayment modeling
2.) Credit modeling
3.) Interest rate term structure models
4.) Stress testing
5.) Econometric models
6.) Model validation
The ideal candidate will have an exceptional academic background with emphasis in quantitative research. A strong understanding of statistical modeling and simulations, along with being adept at efficiently handling large quantities of data will be necessary.Job Profile
- As an ALM Associate or ALM Sr. Associate, this role will require the use of independent judgment on methods, performs (may lead depending on the role) financial analysis, conducts research and prepares reports. Performs due diligence and statistical analysis related to the balance sheet. Participates in stress testing efforts.
- Based on own discretion, researches and collects information for PNC's balance sheet.
- Manages and performs defined procedures, analysis and report preparation for decision making tasks. Performs data aggregation and quality assurance to ensure timely and accurate management reporting. Dependant on the role placed into, may be responsible for the review and presentation of risk analytics/stress testing material including documentation and templates to senior team members for federal submission.
- Prepares and aggregates data for modeling activities, may be responsible for the review and analysis of data for modeling activities. Reconciles and performs quality review of data. May be responsible for model development.
- Consult with lines of business in responding to various ALM requirements. May partner with lines of business in understanding specific line items of PNC's balance sheet and income statement.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Working Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Asset and Liability Management (ALM) - Working Experience
- Knowledge of asset and liability tools, techniques and business practices; ability to manage, measure, and monitor risks associated with assets and liabilities.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Financial Analysis - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
Financial Forecasting and Modeling - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use processes, tools, and techniques for exploring and evaluating alternative financial scenarios and results.
FINANCIAL SERVICES INDUSTRY - Working Experience
- Knowledge of financial services industry trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters; ability to provide specific financial knowledge and experience to help organizational development.
Market Risk - Working Experience
- Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques used for analyzing market risk; ability to assess and manage investment exposures to market risk.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience may be considered.EEO Statement
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
Location/Region: New York, NY