In this role, the Assistant/Associate Brand Manager will work with an experienced Brand Manager to create and lead strategic innovation projects that are grounded in consumer and customer insights, will produce a competitive advantage in the marketplace, and deliver against organizational revenue, profit, and fruit utilization goals. The focus will be on enhancing the brand’s current product platforms as well as identifying new white space opportunities. The Assistant/Associate Brand Manager will actively lead teams comprised of marketing, consumer insights, product development, finance, packaging, commercialization, procurement, sales, and other cross-functional colleagues, and manage their projects through an internal new product and packaging stage-gate process.
This position requires a strong combination of strategic thinking, analytical skills to identify and size growth opportunities, collaborative partnering to define and guide teams through project roadmaps, and creative problem-solving to bring new product innovations to market.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assess consumer, competitive, and marketplace trends and conduct in-depth analysis to identify innovation hunting grounds and new product opportunities
• Brainstorm and draft new product concepts for consumer qualitative and quantitative feedback
• Lead cross-functional teams through established internal New Product & Packaging Stage-Gate process to develop, assess, and commercialize new products
• Design strategic go-to-market plans and help develop new product consumer communications and retail sell-in tools
• Assess new product innovation performance to identify key learnings that can be applied to future product launches
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
• An MBA in Marketing or Business and/or some experience in CPG brand management/marketing management consultancy is required for this position
• Candidates must possess basic knowledge of marketing practices and principles
• Individual should possess strong interpersonal, analytical, organization, and communication skills
• Candidates should be self-starters who have demonstrated personal and thought leadership capabilities in prior responsibilities
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
Location/Region: Lakeville, MA