We are searching for a Packaging Automation Engineer to join our Research & Development Engineering team located at our facility in Jacksonville, IL.
As a Packaging Automation Engineer for Research and Development, you will lead in design, development, and commercialization of machine and process changes that will deliver results seen by all major retail stores. You will have the opportunity to:
- Coordinate process development and commercialization activities
- Lead and direct engineering technicians
- Design, test, and evaluate mechanical and electromechanical devices
- Help make improvements to and startup new fully automated packaging equipment
Ultimately, you will transform your creative ideas into new products or processes for manufacturing and will use those ideas to make a significant impact on our business’s new products, safety, processes, automation, and productivity.
You will love it here if…
- You are a solution developer
- You are a forward-thinker who has out-of-the-box ideas
- You are a strong leader who is always seeking to learn and improve
- You enjoy doing hands-on work
We need you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging, Automation, Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering
- Basic understanding of 3D software
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and methods such as DOE, SPC, etc.
- Understanding of power distribution for medium sized machinery
- Experience with Lean manufacturing methods and techniques
Icing on the cake:
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role
- Prior team management experience
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
Location/Region: Jacksonville, IL