The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The ABS Business Manager will be an essential member of the team, delivering on key initiatives to alcohol beverage clients as a liaison between these clients and multiple internal company divisions. This role will deliver against a combination of new business development initiatives to win clients and management of a variety of client projects to include headquarter sales support, category management, shopper marketing, retail service projects. Success in this role requires the ability to create strategic working relationships and outstanding planning/ organization skills, establishing clear action plans for oneself and in collaboration with others to ensure tasks and projects are completed efficiently. In addition, this role requires effective decision making with the ability to identify/ understand strategic issues, problems and opportunities in order to pursue the appropriate course of action to deliver solutions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with client and internal personnel to ensure effective execution of projects.
- Execute sales planning activities: communicate client objectives to BDMs for new item presentations, pricing and promotion objectives.
- Partner with internal category management team to ensure we are delivering on category analysis reports and projects for our clients.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in partnership with category management team on major department initiatives (scanning a department, sku rationalization, schematic execution).
- Understand brand objectives and develop program concepts to meet client objectives and market opportunities.
- Partner with shopper marketing team to prepare design briefs.
- Partner with shopper marketing team to ensure timely execution/ delivery of POS materials.
- Develop sales presentations for accounts.
- Demonstrate working knowledge and create appropriate partnerships with account management teams to effectively execute market plans.
Retail Merchandising Services
- Collaborate with Retail Merchandising Team to ensure we are delivering on projects for our clients.
- Demonstrate alcohol beverage industry and company internal knowledge required for effective execution against distributor, manufacturer and retailer services we provide.
New business development
- Provide necessary support and collaboration with manager to win business with new clients
- Utilize knowledge/ experience in HQ Representation, Category Management, Shopper Marketing, and Retail Merchandising Services to proactively determine strategic opportunities with alcohol beverage clients.
- Demonstrate ability to create and deliver compelling presentations to pursue these opportunities.
Education Level: (Required) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Marketing/Brand Management or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in consumer product and/or agency experience: Brand Management, Account Management, Shopper/Trade Marketing and/or Category Management
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Decision making skills
- Analytical and research Skills
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically
- Team building Skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods