This position is an important member of our local sales team within Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. Our local Route Drivers are responsible for inventory, deliveries and management of local on-sale and off-sale accounts. Safety is of the utmost importance in this role and DOT compliance is mandatory. If you are an experienced Class A driver, apply today to become part of our Chico Route Sales team!
- Drive route truck to deliver beer to On-Sale and Off-Sale accounts in the Chico area.
- Develop and maintain strong hometown relationships with accounts
- Rotation of beer by date in accounts
- Lifts, carries, and places stock on shelves, racks or cold boxes repeatedly throughout the shift, weights up to 168 pounds.
- Load and unload truck, manually with a pallet jack or hand truck, or with a forklift.
- Operate battery changing hoist to remove or exchange forklift battery.
- Collect payments from customers and record transactions on customer receipt.
- Write customer orders.
- Electronically records inventories and sales information via laptop or tablet.
- Call on prospective customers to solicit new business.
- Inform regular customers of new products and services.
- Listen to and resolve service complaints.
- Set up merchandise and sales promotion displays or issue sales promotion materials to customers.
- Issue or obtain customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Clean inside of truck.
- Perform routine Pre-trip/Post-trip inspections on tractor/trailer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Previous food or beverage distribution experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of ABC rules preferred
- Knowledge of D.O.T. rules and regulations required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to work independently or with little supervision.
- Ability to work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, safety rules, company policies, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to learn computer programs and use in various formats; tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and extreme heat and cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the essential duties of this position the employee will frequently be required to climb stairs or ramps, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend at the waist, and twist at the neck. The employee will frequently be required to reach, lift and carry; push or pull hand truck or pallet jack with hands and arms. The employee is required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Frequently maneuvers or lifts kegs weighing from 43 to 168 pounds. Frequently moves or re-stacks cases weighing up to 35 pounds.
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying...
- Must have a valid Class A Driver’s License with a driving record free of any major violations in the last five years.
- Valid DMV Medical Exam Certificate.
- Ability to pass SNBC forklift training and certification program within 90 days of employment.
- Full time position, must be flexible to work all shifts including some weekends and holidays.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check, physical abilities exam and DOT compliant drug screen
**Online applications will be accepted until Midnight Pacific time on Wednesday, July 4, 2018**
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer