Project Research Analyst
Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is recruiting a Project Research Analyst to work in its Research Division. VEDP is a state authority that fosters economic growth in the Commonwealth by cultivating new business investment, supporting the expansion of existing Virginia businesses, and championing international trade activity. VEDP’s Research team provides companies and economic development stakeholders with customized, insightful analysis and data visualizations that convey Virginia’s full value proposition as the best state for business.
Project Research Analysts have the opportunity to:
- Engage with business recruitment managers and clients to understand the individual needs of businesses seeking to locate or expand in Virginia;
- Evaluate how business needs can be addressed and develop comprehensive solutions that leverage the state’s unique resources and advantages;
- Research and analyze Virginia’s performance on factors that influence business location and expansion decisions;
- Use fiscal impact models to develop recommendations for incentive packages and to assess their associated costs and revenues;
- Create customized, relevant, and insightful analysis and data visualizations that facilitate clients’ understanding of Virginia’s value proposition; and
- Produce comprehensive and confidential written responses to requests for proposals and for information.
The successful Project Research Analyst will have sharp critical thinking and problem-solving skills; strong research and analytical abilities; and excellent writing and presentation skills. In addition, the successful applicant will demonstrate an exacting attention to detail, superior organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines. The analyst is expected to work effectively within a team environment and leverage partners in the public and private sectors, including higher education colleagues, local and regional economic development allies, and partners in the construction, real estate, utility and transportation sectors.
A Bachelor’s degree in economics, marketing, business, public policy/administration or a related field or equivalent work experience is required. At least 2 years of experience in economic development is preferred. Exposure to statutory language and knowledge of graphic design software are a plus. Some overnight travel required. A valid Virginia Driver’s License is required.
VEDP offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience. To apply for this position, candidates must upload a cover letter and resume as one document through our website: https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp.
Application deadline: July 6, 2018.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5630 or firstname.lastname@example.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US - 23219)