Summary of Position:
The Coordinator, Development Marketing Communications is responsible for development communications that showcases NRAEF programs and events to donors and prospects. This will include preparation of outreach to donors with program updates, updated program collateral designed for selling/upselling, and efforts to equip the development team with communications tools and messaging that help them reach new audiences and secure incremental funding for the Foundation. The position will also work closely with the NRAEF Communications team.
Duties will include handling donor event invitations and marketing efforts to assist in achieving NRAEF fundraising and development goals. The individual will also handle creation of semi-annual or annual grant and donor reports to facilitate renewal and/or increases in giving to the NRAEF. They will be required to work with Development and Industry Relations team to prepare, write, submit and manage presentations, proposals and donor reports, and will be involved in developing the team’s overall outreach and marketing strategy. Other support tasks to assist in the delivery of donor benefits and general cultivation and stewardship of donors may be assigned as appropriate.
· Provide stewardship, research, writing, and event and project support as requested by the Manager, Donor Relations and Strategic Initiatives
· Assist in pre-, post-, and on-site event management for development team as requested by the Manager, Donor Relations and Strategic Initiatives, including marketing, invitations, registrations, tracking giveaways/collateral, etc.
· Assist in managing donor relationships with the Foundation and follow-up on donor requests
· Curate and maintain appropriate donor-related assets including photos, names of VIPs and corporate logos
· Prepare fundraising and sponsorship proposals in coordination with account managers
· Assist in writing comprehensive grant and donor reports
· Ensure proposal process represents mission diligence and quality in all writing
· Draft letters of agreement and gift agreements
· Produce Scholarship profiles and thank you letters for donors
· Track efforts in Salesforce
· Manage social media giveaways – solicit donations from current partners for social media giveaway opportunities and distribute prizes
· Stay up-to-date on donor-related news and communicate relevant updates with Communications team and Foundation staff
1. Essential Use of Following Tools:
- Computer literate (exceptionally strong knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint applications. iMIS and Salesforce experience a plus)
- Ability to learn other computer software programs, and enter and maintain accurate data/information
- Basic knowledge of office equipment and resources, such as telephone, mail/shipping, etc.
2. Essential Training/Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly desired
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing preferred
3. Essential Skills/Knowledge:
- Prior experience as a strategic thinker
- Ability to develop compelling solicitation proposals
- Strong / proven creative and design expertise for e-collateral, printed material and presentations (sample work required)
- Hands-on grants writing and submission experience with a record of demonstrated success and quality writing
- Proven track record of identifying and successful closing of foundation and government grants
- Successful track record of experience with foundation fundraising
- Experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment while maintaining high personal standards for the quality of output
· A background in the restaurant industry but not essential if candidate has a strong background in fundraising
- Strong writing, reading, and math skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work records
- Strong organizational skills
- Event support – planning and execution
- Time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work independently
- Demonstrative abilities in collaborative team building and consensus
- Significant business and stakeholder relationship building experience
- Significant communication skills in written and verbal formats; showcases clear and concise manner
- Strong relationship development and negotiating skills; able to earn respect and trust among internal and external business partners
- Creativity with a focus on the customer experience
4. Essential Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to work as an integral part of the Development Team
- Must be able to maintain good rapport with all departments
- Must be able to cope within a fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to understand the importance of the position for the success of the business
- Be on time and with a minimal amount of absence
- Must be able to make complex decisions for tough problems
- Must be able to manage multiple projects; separating mission critical from the non-strategic; with minimal supervision
- Must be fearless in tackling issues and challenges as they arise; doesn’t avoid confrontation
- Ability to accept change and be flexible; focusing on action and outcomes
- Must be able to act with honor, character and integrity
The National Restaurant Association (NRA) is the largest foodservice trade association in the world*—supporting over 500,000 restaurant businesses. In partnership with our state restaurant associations, we work every day to empower all restaurant owners and operators to achieve more than they thought possible.
We represent and advocate for foodservice industry interests—taking on financial and regulatory obstacles before they hit our members’ bottom line. We provide tools and systems that help members of all sizes get significantly better operating results. And we offer the kinds of networking, education and research resources that are only possible because of our vast, and active, membership base.
We save our members time, money and headaches by helping them take on what matters most for their success and growth—whether that’s protecting their economic interests, sharing best practices, or getting them in front of emerging trends.
We strive to move our industry forward by finding answers to the tough questions, distilling complex information into practical knowledge and helping our members navigate the issues that can leave them in the weeds. And that makes us the go-to resource for smart, relevant intelligence that helps our members run their businesses better.
At the NRA, we believe that there is strength in numbers. When we come together as an industry, our collective voice is stronger and our impact is greater than when any of us stands alone. And that means our shared spirit of hospitality, passion for serving others and belief in the American entrepreneurial dream will be safeguarded and advanced.