The Operations Manager is responsible for developing, leading, overseeing and managing various aspects of IT operations and service availability. This includes managing the support of all applications and systems hosted in our data centers, on-premises and cloud (public & private) environments. Managing support groups composed of employees, contractors and managed services partners.
Lead technology projects, own successful customer onboarding, build and develop an accountable team, act as an experienced technical resource for the company, be fiercely loyal and have a positive outlook on what is possible.
The ideal candidate will have a sound understanding of the technologies we support, and be passionate about delivering exceptional service to our clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Create and maintain service team processes, SOPs and documentation with a goal of standardizing all repeatable tasks within the team for optimal and efficient service delivery.
- Help mentor new recruits to become strong members of our team as quickly and seamlessly as possible, and operationally assist them as our managed service business scales.
- Instill a high-performance culture in the team with a focus on teamwork, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues.
- Adhere to enterprise governance, risk management, and compliance, including HIPAA, Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Follow ITIL framework to establish and manage formal processes.
- Delivery of all IT operations activities, application and infrastructure (on-premises and cloud-based) ensuring that all day-to-day operational activities are carried out in a timely and reliable way in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Manage client relationships and communications including developing and providing Incident reports for any major customer incidents, handling escalations, preparing and participating in quarterly business reviews and proposal creation when required.
- Leading the IT Operational Services strategy to ensure CoreSpace has all required IT support in a cost-effective manner.
- Monitor & measure IT Operations performance, develop processes for collecting required information, interpreting metrics, & reporting performance results to the appropriate audiences.
- Align scorecards to strategic objectives and operational priorities, evaluate & improve metrics to ensure they deliver value to the IT organization, and track & manage corrective actions.
- Build dashboards to display approved KPIs.
- Negotiating IT Service contracts working in conjunction with the Vendor Management and Legal functions.
- Monitors, and report on the performance, availability, and capacity of internally and externally hosted services and services components against SLAs and OLAs.
- Lead, inspire and develop a high-performing team of IT Professionals to deliver effective customer support across the entire range of products and platforms.
- Work with development and infrastructure build teams to deliver new monitoring capabilities.
- Lead internal stakeholder meetings to capture, communicate and analyze customer expectations, processes, and strategic direction. Align delivery of services with customer expectations while increasing agreement on key elements of the strategic direction.
- Establish policies designed to ensure consistently high service performance, monitor employees and evaluate customer feedback to develop quality improvement processes.
- Works with senior stakeholders to develop and implement an HA and DR strategy for mission critical applications.
- Develops and implements standards, procedures and processes for the operations team.
- Plans and manages the support of new technologies, data center performance and reliability.
- Provides inputs and recommendations regarding business continuance issues and improvements to the operations and processes supported.
- Participates in IT strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure technology and systems and best practices (e.g. ITIL) as related to the needs of the business.
- Manages communication, notification and escalation during system outage.
- Delivers stable, reliable, cost effective infrastructure to support applications and service.
- Maintains a well-coordinated change management process that minimizes down-time.
- Establishes an ongoing capacity management program.
- Establishes and maintains a rigorous process to ensure systems and services are up-to-date, well managed and are secure.
- Ensures seamless execution of all process improvement and communication planning, organizational readiness assessment and stakeholder analysis.
- Participates in the selection acquisition and monitoring of contractual agreements for hardware, software and IT services for the enterprise.
- Experience in establishing an outsourcing and/or managed services solution and management of migration.
- Experience working in a Data Center environment.
- Exceptional vendor management skills with the establishment and management of performance KPIs and scorecards.
- Working with project & development teams on migration of solution into production.
- Experience with Release Management & Release to Production processes a must.
- Working with monitoring tools / tools suites.
- Should have excellent communications skills to interact efficiently with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders and program contributors.
- Have outstanding organizational skills to manage complex IT service contracts in a structured way.
- Be well versed in a variety of current techniques, tools, frameworks and technologies relevant to IT Service Management (ITIL, Cloud, SaaS, Software Defined Networking, Mobility, business analysis and process, software development, quality assurance, IT operations, desktop management, IT processes, IT management methodologies, etc.).
- Have a solid understanding of key IT Service Management basics such as Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Management, Configuration Management, Asset Management and Financial Management for IT Services.
- Be self-motivated, having the ability to multi-task under a diverse work-load, while developing strong relationships with key internal stakeholders to set realistic expectations, prioritize tasks, and deliver accurate timely status updates to management and stakeholders.
- Virtualization (VMWare, OnApp, Citrix, Xen Server, etc)
- Experience overseeing teams in the support of hypervisor technologies in a clustered environment
- Experience overseeing teams in the support of the following Microsoft Systems: Active Directory, Exchange, System Center, SQL, Skype for Business (Lync), and Office 365
- Experience in LAN and WAN networking, VLANs, Firewalls and SAN systems.
- PCI-DSS 3.1, HIPAA/HITECH, SOC 1 and SOC 2 TSP’s (Security, Availability, and Confidentiality) compliance
- Firewalls, Cisco ASA, Juniper SSG appliances, Corero appliances IPS, IDS, DDoS
- Understanding of network protocols, data flow analysis, and network design and troubleshooting
- Operational familiarity with VLAN, STP, CIDR, BGP, OSPF, IPS/IDS.
- Experience building prototypes, pilots, or full products in cloud environments. On App.
- Operating Systems: Windows, Unix, Linux, and Mac OS X
- Ticketing Systems (Ubersmith, HostBill, etc), CRM, Knowledgebase, monitoring tools, inventory management, Zabbix
Competitive salary, benefits, PTO, 401k
Great Dallas location
Good customer reputation and loyalty
Largest privately held 100% woman owned Data Center in the US
Seasoned management team
Location/Region: Dallas, TX (US)