Hostess is one of the largest packaged food companies focused on developing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing fresh baked sweet goods in the United States. The brand’s history dates back to 1919, when the Hostess CupCake was introduced to the public, followed by Twinkies® in 1930. Today, Hostess produces a variety of new and classic treats including Ding Dongs®, Ho Hos®, Donettes® and Fruit Pies, in addition to Twinkies® and CupCakes.
Please see this link to research our company:
Job Title: Quality Technician - Bakery
Department: Bakery Operations
Location: Southbridge, MA
Manager: Quality Assurance Manager
Status: Full Time/ Hourly
Hostess Brands is seeking a Quality Technician in our Superior Cake Products location in Southbridge, MA. The Quality Technician will be under the direction of the QA Manager, and will guide and support the daily activities/processes in the Lab department following operating procedures or other generally accepted guidelines. This role will be “on-the-floor” providing ongoing support of the daily departmental operations and may be on or off-line as needed or determined by the Manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience in Baking, Food Processing, Manufacturing experience along with HACCP Certification. If one does not have this experience, one must have the aptitude to be trained in these areas. In order to be successful in this role, one will need to have good math skills along with technical and computer knowledge. Effective communication in English & Spanish will be needed to read specifications. Candidates who pay close attention to detail and have a proven attendance and flexibility in their schedule are highly preferred.
Key Functions and Accountabilities:
(Not an all-inclusive list; Other tasks may or may not be assigned.)
- Monitoring current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), HACCP and Prerequisite programs including Sanitation, Pest control etc. and performing corrective actions as necessary.
- Maintaining QA records, including electronic records of inspections, temperatures and verification equipment
- Inspects Raw Ingredients as needed and verifies the receiving reports for condition of deliveries during receiving.
- Performs Finished Product and Data collection
- Verifies HACCP critical limits
- Performs pre-operational and operational inspections as required
- Performs employee trainings as directed.
- Performs product evaluations and laboratory analysis which may include aw, moisture content, Ph, ATP organoleptic inspection of Finished Products, Raw Materials and Ingredients as directed according company and customer specifications.
- Collects and ships QA samples as needed.
- Interfaces between Production, Maintenance, and Sanitation and Quality Assurance departments to maintain product quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Six months or more experience in Food Processing, Manufacturing or related field preferred
- HACCP Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to articulately communicate across all levels within the bakery team (English/Spanish)
- Ability prioritize competing tasks, while, delivering results per established timelines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- High energy, creative, and self-motivated with a strong “drive for results” attitude.
- Strong attention to detail to read specifications
- Factory environment
- Varying noise and heat levels.
- Responsibilities allow opportunity for varying work routine
- Support SQF by maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner.
- Support SQF through the monitoring of incoming services.
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, and encourage minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply
Location/Region: Southbridge, MA