We are a growing, entrepreneurial-spirited organization seeking to add to our diverse team of committed and innovative professionals. Our work environment is fast-paced yet informal; we work hard yet have fun together. If you are smart, motivated and looking for a new challenge, consider joining Home Market Foods!
The Sales Planning Manager manages and executes sales-oriented programs throughout the business. In this role, the Sales Planning Manager interacts closely with many internal and cross-functional partners to secure integrated customer programs for the organization. The Manager will partner with all levels of the organization in order to support the sales team strategically and tactically. This Manager plays a key role in tying together forecast, syndicated data (market trends), marketing plans, and trade funding to help Home Market Foods hit annual GSV (Gross Sales Volume) and EBIDTA objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the implementation of the customer investment strategy (trade spending) for Retail Sales & FAFH, including national planning calendar, pricing and promotion parameters by Brand/Size, and on-going management and communication of DSMP’s.
- Recommends and manages incremental funding requests across the Retail and FAFH businesses.
- Stewards the Annual Planning process, connecting Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Operations.
- Leads a monthly process to review trade spend, promotional effectiveness, and customer profitability and reports back to key-stakeholders on findings. Identifies trends, challenges, and opportunities to influence future promotional planning.
- Working closely with Sales Planning Specialists, supports the Sales Development Director in preparation for the monthly S&OP and Market & Shares meetings.
- Coordinates and develops fact-based new item selling stories/fact books in conjunction with marketing.
- Develops formal presentations that support channel strategies, key market information, and new item launches for both Retail and FAFH business.
- Coordinates and manages special / ad hoc projects as requested.
- Acts as the “eyes & ears” of the Sales team internally, communicating trends, competitive actions, and opportunities that Home Market Foods should pursue.
- Working with the Sales Operations & Administration Manager, develops sales scorecards for all priority activities, including Broker incentives and new item launches.
- Manage customer specific information, including POG timing and listing requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- A BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, and/or Finance, preferred
- MBA degree preferred
- 6 to 8 years of field sales experience, preferred
- Broker and Direct Sales Management experience a plus
- Marketing or Category Management experience a plus
- A minimum of 2-3 years working in a National Office setting, preferred
- Ability to travel 10% - 15% of the time
- Strong computer skills including above average competency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Thorough understanding of syndicated data (IRI, McLane, Coremark) and the ability to guide others in performing analyses
- Strong customer focus and understanding of category leadership principles
- Knowledge of consumer branding, communication, and promotional techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal operations
- Ability to effectively organize and priorities workloads, meeting deadlines, and direct timelines
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to effectively present to all levels of management
- Proven “networking” skills to leverage resources across the organization
- Self-starter, able to think analytically and creatively to solve general and unique business opportunities
- Natural ability to connect and lead peers and direct reports
- Ability to listen, understand, and represent both the external sales point-of-view and the internal Company position
About Home Market Foods
For over 50 years, Home Market Foods (HMF) has provided superior quality food products, from its beginnings as a purveyor of fresh meats to its current position as a major specialty provider of fully cooked value-added meal entrees, appetizers, and snacks for both retail and food service customers.
HMF’s core business makes it the Nation’s leading producer of flame broiled meatballs. As it has grown, HMF has diversified into a broad array of other fully cooked frozen products, including beef and chicken handheld products, marinated and flame grilled beef, pork and poultry entrees, and hardwood smoked pit barbecue specialties. HMF’s branded products are currently marketed under the Cooked Perfect, RollerBites, Gourmet to Go, Eisenberg and Bahama Mama trademarks. Our outstanding line of products can be found at a variety of supermarkets, club stores, mass merchandisers, convenience stores, and theaters, among others.
Home Market Foods operates in a state-of-the-art manufacturing and research and development facility in Norwood, Massachusetts. The company is focused on continually investing in people and facilities to ensure an optimal work environment for employees and the highest quality products for consumers.
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
Location/Region: Norwood, MA