We are a growing, entrepreneurial-spirited organization seeking to add to our diverse team of committed and innovative professionals. Our work environment is fast-paced yet informal; we work hard yet have fun together. If you are smart, motivated and looking for a new challenge, consider joining Home Market Foods!
The Retail Sales & Marketing Operations Manager supports the Director of Retail Sales in the areas of sales administration, business analysis, category management, customer marketing, and, as appropriate, Tier 2/3 customer management. This position will also be supported by a Sales Analyst.
- Provides analytical support to the Director of Retail Sales, sourcing data from EYC, IRI and AFS.
- Provides support to the Director of Retail Sales in the areas of sales forecasting, new item program and presentation development, trade and marketing program development, and sales reporting.
- Provides post promotional analysis of trade events using weekly syndicated data in order to increase volume and profitability for HMF.
- Manages customer specific marketing programs including planning, coordination and execution.
- Working with the Retail Sales Director and internal team, implements, monitors, and evaluates business plans for key customers in the assigned area of geographical responsibility.
- Acts as the liaison with Marketing for new product development projects.
- Attends Food Shows in assigned area of geographic responsibility, as needed.
- Conducts retail store audits, notes observations, and develops plans to resolve issues.
- Manages assigned customer base and appointed Food Brokers, if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a BA/BS in a business related field
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in consumer products sales and/or marketing
- Experience in the CPG industry, including food or frozen foods, preferred
- Knowledge of key accounts in geographic area of responsibility, preferred
- Experience in direct sales management and key account management, preferred
- Experience in the management of Food Brokers, preferred
- Ability to organize/prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work across functional boundaries in the coordination of key business activities
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated high level analytical skills, technical skills and computer literacy competency
- Ability to analyze and/or utilize EYC/IRI syndicated data in the development of sales and/or category management presentations
- Ability to make customer presentations and persuade others
- Ability to listen and incorporate others’ points of view
- Ability to travel up to 33% of time
- This position will be based in our Norwood, MA office
About Home Market Foods
For over 50 years, Home Market Foods (HMF) has provided superior quality food products, from its beginnings as a purveyor of fresh meats to its current position as a major specialty provider of fully cooked value-added meal entrees, appetizers, and snacks for both retail and food service customers.
HMF’s core business makes it the Nation’s leading producer of flame broiled meatballs. As it has grown, HMF has diversified into a broad array of other fully cooked frozen products, including beef and chicken handheld products, marinated and flame grilled beef, pork and poultry entrees, and hardwood smoked pit barbecue specialties. HMF’s branded products are currently marketed under the Cooked Perfect, RollerBites, Gourmet to Go, Eisenberg and Bahama Mama trademarks. Our outstanding line of products can be found at a variety of supermarkets, club stores, mass merchandisers, convenience stores, and theaters, among others.
Home Market Foods operates in a state-of-the-art manufacturing and research and development facility in Norwood, Massachusetts. The company is focused on continually investing in people and facilities to ensure an optimal work environment for employees and the highest quality products for consumers.
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
Location/Region: Norwood, MA