Do you have a strong work ethic and the desire to join an organization that invests in its people through cross-training and development? ClarkDietrich fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join the ClarkDietrich team by applying to the Manufacturing Team Member position at our Dallas, TX location.
The manufacturing team member will safely set up, operate and to adjust metal forming equipment by use of appropriate tools and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up, operates and adjusts metal forming equipment by use of appropriate tools and procedures.
- Keeps mill operating according to operating procedures and in good condition.
- Operates cutback saw in a safe manner and to order specifications.
- Keeps mill and surrounding area clean and clear of obstruction.
- Performs all change overs, using appropriate tooling.
- Changes punches and shear dies.
- Performs to machine goals.
- Displays willingness and the ability to assist in training co-workers.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Works safely and follows all safety rules and operational procedures.
- Performs Lockout Procedure as required by mill specific Lockout JSA.
- Wears and maintains all required PPE.
- Understands all safety devices and their operation.
- Notifies management if safety devices are malfunctioning or missing prior to machine operation.
- Performs quality checks, to include:
- Understands and uses a tape measure to check length, width and hole spacing.
- Understands and uses appropriately a micrometer to measure thickness of the product periodically.
- Understands and performs routine checks for straightness, bow, and camber.
- Understands and performs routine checks for part dimension using appropriate tools.
- Appropriately maintains all quality paperwork in a legible manner.
- Performs routine maintenance and notifies maintenance personnel concerning any machine issues that might slow down production, cause a safety concern or lead to further maintenance problems.
- Assists maintenance personnel as directed.
- Maintains a clean, organized work station
- Assists material handler with changing coils and follows reject policy on rejected steel.
- Directs, assists and trains helpers to perform necessary functions.
- Completes required paperwork to specification.
- Must be willing to work any shift within a 24 hour period.
- Mechanically inclined
- Problem solver
- Team oriented
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
- Lifting- Up to 50 lbs.
- Standing-8 or more hours per day
- Walking- Off and on, 4-6 hours per day
- Body Positions- Squatting, bending, flexing and extending both arms
- Grasping- Both hands, up to 8 hours per day
- Sitting- None
- Pushing Effort- Carts of finished product and tools, up to 50 lbs.
- Pulling- Tools and finished product, up to 15 lbs.
- Climbing (ladders/stairs)- Occasionally
- Basic mathematical skills, addition, subtraction, multiplication and converting fractions into decimals.
- Ability to read a tape measure, caliper and micrometer accurately.
- Manufacturing facility - exposed to heat and cold.
- Personal Protective Equipment required at all times.
- Noise controlled environment.
- Activity level is high - continuous overhead crane and forklift movement
***Starting Pay is $14.74+Bonus & Shift Differential (All Shifts Available)
CLARKDIETRICH BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Tiered wage system, where promotions are based on ability
- Full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance
- Monthly Bonus
- 401(k) with company match
- Perfect Attendance Award
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Community Service Day
Please note, if you are asked to come onsite, you will be required to complete a computer based, pre-employment assessment.
Location/Region: Dallas, TX (US - 75220)