Instructional Systems Designer
(Full-time – Columbia MD)
About HR Anew
HR Anew is a full-service human capital management, human resource support, and equal employment opportunity (EEO) management consulting firm. Headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, we serve government, private-sector, and non-profit clients. Our mission is to provide high quality services and products to employers with our proven processes and team of dedicated and caring professionals. Our experience, creativity, innovation, and philosophy of steady progress enable us to deliver the specific guidance, options, and results required by our clients. We are dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives we touch. Learn more about HR Anew at www.hranew.com.
Role and Responsibilities:
This position supports and may participate in the strategy for learning and talent development; and provides hands-on expertise in the areas of adult education methodologies. Design and develop instructor led, e-learning, or blended training programs, courses, seminars, workshops, and presentations on workplace subjects to include equal employment opportunity, diversity, inclusion, conflict management, management and leadership, supervisory training, performance and productivity, customer service, team building, and other human resource and related courses. Design new courses and update existing course designs and training programs. Contribute actively to a standard of excellence in carrying out HR Anew’s mission of promoting learning and self-development.
Support HR Anew’s efforts in creating and delivering impactful learning and training solutions designed to enhance the productivity of each client’s workforce. This may include live, webinar, web based, and technology based training and professional development services and products. He/she may have a variety of special assignments. The Instructional Systems Designer/Developer shall have solid web-based training and e-learning experience – public and private sector helpful. Evaluates and uses media tools to produce effective, innovative, meaningful, content and outcomes-based learning products within a context concentrated on efficient production. Design, develop, and deploy custom, contract training for existing and new clients. Support creating an online, standardized library of coursework that supports HR topic areas from entry-level employees through corporate-level needs.
Essential Characteristics and Attributes:
· Functional/technical skills, decision quality, problem solving, action oriented, organized, planner, time management, manages diverse relationships, customer focused, self-knowledge and self-development, political savvy, and communicates effectively.
· Diligent work ethics combined with a proven record of setting priorities and collaboratively creating systems and processes that save time, preserve quality, and focus on high-impact results.
· Continuous learner who strives to stay aware of leading edge best practices, finds innovative and accurate answers, and knows how to connect resources and solutions.
· Writing and Attention to Detail - Pay attention to details and be exceptional with formatting documents and presentations. Proofreads, spell checks documents, and ensures flow of content is grammatically correct.
· Content Customization - Adapt instructional content to meet diverse individual/client needs by applying adult basic instructional design knowledge and concepts with client-specific content.
· Creative - Combine knowledge and imagination to generate new ideas—to think outside of the box. Recognize the need for a new or revised approach that is inventive and resourceful.
· Design Skills - Select and use a variety of techniques to define and sequence instructional content and strategies. Select or modify existing instructional materials. Develop instructional materials. Design instruction that reflects an understanding of the diversity of adult learners and groups of learners. Evaluate and assess instruction and its impact.
· Managing Competing Priorities – Manage own time and company/client resources to ensure multiple priorities are managed successfully.
· Psychology – Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation.
· Self-Direction - Set goals and take initiative in implementing ideas, systems, or policies in functional areas of responsibility. Manage time efficiently and consistently to meet deadlines.
· Strategic Thinking - Formulate effective strategies consistent with the business and competitive strategy of the organization in a global economy. Examine policy issues and strategic planning with a long-term perspective. Determine objectives and set priorities; anticipates potential threats or opportunities and provide recommendations to mitigate same.
· Master’s degree in Instructional Technology, Education, Organization Development, Human Resource Development, Adult Learning, or other related areas.
· Knowledge of and experience in applying Adult Learning Principles.
· 3+ plus years of related experience. Diverse work experiences including small and large employer work environments essential.
· Experience in designing courses, modules and workshops that incorporate adult education principles and experiential learning techniques; delivering training on supervision and performance management; delivering multi-day training programs on leadership and management topics; writing course designs, course materials, student resource materials, educational aids and similar educational materials; facilitating discussions, meetings, and training group activities; actively collaborating and contributing to effective teamwork as part of a training team.
· Highly competent using Articulate, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe tools – eLearning Suite; and it will be a plus to use other tools such as Master Collection, Camtasia, Captivate, Macromedia Flash, Premier Pro, and Open Source tools.
· Develop eLearning programs that are SCORM/AICC/Section 508 compliant.
· Proficient working with most LMS’s and LCMS’s.
· Advanced working knowledge using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel and Outlook. Work requires knowledge and application of training design and development and project management and leadership skills.
· Must be able to function in a multi-task environment, as part of a team and individually.
· Must have integrity and high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential issues involving all internal and external customers.
· Work requires continual attention to detail in creating and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
· May require occasional travel to client locations.
Share Your Résumé with Us…
HR Anew offers a professional and learning workplace, competitive compensation, and employee benefits to include medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, 401K; vacation, holiday, and sick leave benefits, and more. We conduct reference checks, background investigations, and/or skills testing; and maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace. HR Anew is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Thank you for considering career opportunities with HR Anew.
HR Anew is a full service human resources management consulting and professional services firm headquartered in Columbia, MD. Our work is grounded in innovation, thought leadership, and performance excellence as we work to recruit, develop professionally, and retain high performing and productive employees. To learn more about HR Anew visit our website at www.hranew.com. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).