In this position, you will be responsible for the planning, implementation and optimization of our Internet Marketing efforts to drive future growth of our websites. Duties include, keyword research & generation, pay per click account management, search engine optimization, link building initiatives, website optimization, social media marketing and other related duties. This position will work closely with the Internet Marketing and E-commerce teams.
- Manage the day-to-day search marketing activities across multiple search engines (Google, Bing, and Yahoo) including the campaign planning, implementation, budget management, performance review, and optimization of paid search campaigns.
- Responsibilities include keyword research (discovery and expansion), review and editing of ad creative/copy, review and analysis of web site performance metrics, and optimization of campaigns.
- Grow and optimize our keywords portfolio through testing (A/B and Multivariate) with ad copy, landing pages, bidding strategies, negative keywords, etc.
- Drive continued innovation and best practice implementation, regularly sharing your knowledge with the internet marketing team.
- Writing analytical and monthly progress reports
- Develop comprehensive link building strategies from raw ideas into actionable, scalable campaigns
- Website optimization; improving site structure, page construction, content, keyword lists, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) copywriting
- Leverage social media and social signals to improve Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Be an expert in the Search Engine Marketing (SEM) space by staying on top of current Search Marketing news, search engine optimization strategies, search engine features and algorithm changes
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong critical thinking ability
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of search engines, website design and web-programming is desired
- Prior search engine marketing experience a plus
- A self-starter who can work independently, but thrives in a team atmosphere
- Interest in power equipment and/or HAVC helpful
- Other relevant education and/or experience may be substituted
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive wage based on experience.
- Benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401 (k), vacation and holidays.
Founded in 2002, Power Equipment Direct is a rapidly growing e-commerce retailer. Our Internet Retailer Top 500 ranked specialty superstores (ranked the 215th largest in the US for 2018) allow customers to quickly find and buy the perfect power equipment, as well as heating and cooling products.
Power Equipment Direct has a unique culture and a tradition of supporting civic, cultural, educational and environmental activities. The company is committed to the highest standards of ethics, from helping customers select green product solutions to providing a safe and secure workplace environment. Power Equipment Direct is committed to growth - of their business, their people, and their support of the communities in which they do business.
Power Equipment Direct is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ferguson Enterprises, a multi-billion dollar wholesaler of construction related products with over 18,000 associates and a distribution network spanning over 1,300 locations throughout the US, Puerto Rico and the Caribbean.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Location/Region: Bolingbrook, IL (US)