Primary Functions: Cad Technical Illustrator's primary purpose is to develop and import floor plan drawings and associated documentation, photos and lab results illustrating environmental data by location and layer (floor, ceiling, wall) for both our specialized tracking system for HBM and water products.
Performance Responsibilities: Cad Technical Illustrator will be responsible for creating or modifying CAD drawings and integrating data on the drawings utilizing Adobe Illustrator and other software as needed. Additional responsibilities will include uploading records, final drawings and data into our specialized tracking system, overseeing our specialized tracking system in an administration role and assisting users as needed.
- Cad Technical Illustrator Technicians will be coordinating stages of projects by regularly contacting field personnel, project managers and team leads to ensure a consistent flow of projects and development of our specialized tracking system.
Occasional responsibilities may include:
- Cad Technical Illustrator will need to work with project managers, sales team and directors to review and outline project expectations.
- Cad Technical Illustrator will also be part of developing software and features along with software updates.
Desirable Qualifications: The Cad Technical Illustrator will demonstrate the following.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Contributes to generate creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs and applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Develops project plans and coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
- Possess interpersonal skills that involve solving conflict, maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control and is open to others'
- Communication skills -Speaks clearly and persuasively in all situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to work well in a team environment - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Displays visionary leadership with passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Is dependable and follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Strong initiative and volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Abilities: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
ADA Requirements: (physical requirements): 8 hours of computer usage, physically ability to work at a desk for long periods of time, will require physical ability to use a computer, lift objects up to 10 lbs
Experience: Preferred-Field work experience for assessing buildings, hazardous building material awareness and sampling collection and reporting are extremely beneficial for the Cad Technical Illustrator.
Education/Credential: Associate's Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, or six months to one year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Requirements: Experience using CAD and Illustrator software, Contract management software, database software, design software, internet software, spreadsheet and word processing software experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.