Strange's has a position opening for a part-time Horticulturist/Greenhouse Associate at the Short Pump Garden Center.
The Greenhouse Associate is responsible for maintaining greenhouse product (watering, unloading and organization) while providing customers with exceptional service. Plant Knowledge preferred but not required.
Scheduling: 3 days/week - Applicants must be available between the hours of 8 AM - 6 PM on Sunday and 2 weekdays.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist customers and presents them with product/plant information
- Communicate frequently with management regarding possible greenhouse product issues such as, disease or pest problems
- Maintain plant material and distribute product/goods
- Maintain cleanliness of greenhouse area
- Water, Fertilize and, restock greenhouse plants
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management
The Greenhouse Worker is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle objects or tools; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
This position requires working in a greenhouse in wet or humid conditions for up to 6 hours at a time.
Strange's has been a full service family owned and operated florist and garden center in the Metro Richmond, VA area for over 80 years. At Strange's, we pride ourselves in offering our customers prompt and knowledgeable customer service and we work to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)