This individual will be responsible for processing payroll information in accordance with established practices; reviewing source documents and preparing preliminary and final reports; and responding employee inquiries.
To succeed in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualified candidate must be a high-energy, self-starter with a strong work ethic. A whatever- it-takes attitude is a must. This individual, motivated by a competitive industry, needs to be results, detail, and team-oriented. This individual must be able to prioritize, multi-task, work under extreme pressure, exceed deadlines while maintaining customer satisfaction, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Maintains all payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
· Assists personnel, administration, etc. (e.g. payroll procedures, contract requirements, time sheets, wages paid, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or resolving individual payroll issues.
· Computes pay rates to ensure that all employees are paid timely and accurately.
· Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, deductions, classifications, etc.
· Maintains employee records in both written and electronic formats for audit compliance.
· Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
· Performs record keeping and general and program specific clerical functions such as scheduling, copying, and faxing, etc.
· Researches discrepancies of payroll data (e.g. time sheets, PTO, direct deposit requirements, and withholdings.
· Processes and distributes reports for compensation, taxes paid, garnishments, and other deductions.
· Processes and issues annual W-2 forms to employees.
· Utilizes advanced computer software skills (i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, databases, etc.) to update and maintain departments' or assigned areas' files necessary to support requirements of assigned director and/or staff.
· Organizes work load to comply with deadlines and priorities, works independently to complete routine department or unit functions and prepare routine correspondence, reports, forms, etc. for review by supervisor.
· Establishes and maintains record keeping and filing systems; classifies, sorts and files correspondence, records and other documents.
· Performs other duties as assigned, some of which may be essential to the job.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and/or CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three years related work experience
- Experience with ExakTime and/or COINS a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Applications
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change