APPROXIMATE STARTING DATE: August 2018
Bevill State Community College is an accredited, learning-centered institution dedicated to student success by providing quality educational and training
opportunities that enrich lives intellectually, economically, and culturally.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or related field
Minimum five (5) years of experience in higher education administration or workforce training with industry
Experience/Background in customized training, safety, security and facilities planning and maintenance
Master’s or PhD from a regionally accredited institution
Minimum ten years of progressively increasing administrative experience in higher education
Five (5) plus years of management experience
Experience with curriculum development, delivery and evaluation
Experience providing instruction or training in a formal setting
Previous grant writing, coordination and administration experience, both competitive and non-competitive based
Demonstrated leadership experience at an Executive level
Thorough understanding of the preparation of budgets and financial statements
Experience in an employment or job readiness training program initiative which targets job placement and retention for low-income populations
Proficient use of PC=based software, i.e., spreadsheets, database software in Windows environment
Experience in business and industry producing training programs.
Performance Skills Required:
Budgets and Revenue Control
Business Acumen and Organizational Savvy
Organization and Planning Skills
Analysis and Problem-solving Skills
DUTIES: In addition to adhering to the guidelines as specified by Bevill State Community College Personnel Handbook, Alabama Community College
System, and Board of Trustee, duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Works with all the economic development agencies in Alabama to determine training needs of the workforce and to develop training programs
to address those needs
2. Directing the daily operations of training and employment programs including the planning, scheduling and communication of plans for
customized training activities including fiscal, physical , and human resources needed to support those activities
3. Design and implement grants and contracts that fund workforce education programs
4. Writes applications and proposals, negotiates contracts, completes reports, supervises billing, and maintains documents for all programs funded
by grants, special governmental funding or employer reimbursement
5. Recruits, interviews, hires, and supervises instructional and support staff necessary to fill positions in customized training programs
6. Provide customized learning opportunities to diverse populations of students, workers, organizations and businesses
7. Collaborate with organizations, associations and councils to design and implement regionally-focused strategic workforce initiative
8. Utilize regional analysis to create viable programs for emerging demand industries
9. Promotes learning and efficiency through technology advancements that utilize a variety of educational delivery methods
10. Build consensus around strategic initiatives and operational processes that are aligned with the college and ACCS Workforce
11. Monitor performance and efficiency to improve programs and services as well as increase return on investment
12. Represents the Workforce Solution Division internally and externally, acting as a liaison between the College and the community
13. Designs and delivers presentations and informational talks for meetings publicizing the versatility of customized training programs
14. Establishes the priorities for submission of the divisions annual operating and capital outlay budgets
15. Serves as member of the President’s Cabinet and serves on various other college-wide committees deemed necessary
16. Additional duties as assigned by the College President
SALARY RANGE: Minimum $85,794 -maximum $118,483 based on experience and educational level for placement on the Alabama State Salary Schedule B
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Bevill State Community College employment applications are available from the following address or visit our website at www.bscc.edu and click on “Job Opportunities” at the bottom of the homepage.
All applications should be mailed to:
Office of Human Resources
Bevill State Community College
1411 Indiana Avenue
Jasper, AL 35501
Email in a .pdf format to: Employment@bscc.edu
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Completed applications must be received by 3:00 pm July 24, 2018, to ensure full consideration. Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at his/her own expense. A complete application file consists of:
A completed Bevill State Community College Application.
Three current and signed, and dated letters of reference (no older than one year no computer generated signature)
A signed and dated letter of interest with reference to the position number found on the position announcement.
Complete transcripts from every institution from which any collegiate credit has been earned. Transcripts must include conferred or awarded date.
No staples or paper clips.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete.
Before an offer of employment can be made to the selected candidate, the College will require written verification (on letterhead and signed by an appropriate authority) from current and previous employers confirming the required level of experience as stated in the “Qualifications” section.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit a nonrefundable fee of $17.40 (additional charges may apply) for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Bevill State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
Bevill State Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System, and Bevill State Community College that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment. Bevill State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees.
If you have a disability and may require accommodations, please notify us at 205-387-0511 Ext. 5784. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Please note that Bevill State Community College hours are 7:00 to 6:00 Monday-Thursday and off closed on Friday for the summer term.
Location/Region: Jasper, AL (US - 35501)