Kent Precision Foods Group is a subsidiary of Kent Corporation, a diversified family-owned corporation with subsidiary companies developing science and nutrition-based finished food products, food and beverage ingredients, pharmaceutical and personal care applications, animal nutrition and companion animal products.
The Brand Manager, CPG, is responsible for setting the strategic direction of all marketing activities and product development for the Kent Precision Foods Group consumer packaged goods portfolio of products. This role will be responsible for creating consumer demand by defining the brands’ long-term visions and developing strategies encompassing all aspects of the marketing mix. This candidate will drive the profit, volume the Brand Manager, CPG, is responsible for setting the strategic direction of all marketing activities and product development and market share objectives for the portfolio.
This role will lead innovation and product development, deeply understand consumer insights, identify new opportunities and create implementation strategies for the portfolio to deliver on company growth objectives.
The candidate must possess strong knowledge of CPG brand management best practices, strong analytical skills, insight and feel comfortable leading brainstorms and collaboration efforts with multiple cross-functional and agency partners.
Direct supervision of Associate Brand Manager and Marketing Coordinator
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work seamlessly with cross functional partners to lead the innovation and planning process, while capitalizing on internal capabilities, market opportunities and trends to manage and grow the category and product portfolio.
• Gather, maintain and communicate information related to industry and consumer trends impacting the category. Leverage key insights to further drive product development and sales.
• Proactively identify innovation and renovation projects including developing and tracking metrics for success. Works closely with Culinary and R&D to develop new products, recipe development, brand extensions.
• Works closely with the Associate Brand Manager to execute brand marketing objectives
• Continually reviews all elements of the marketing mix, including product formulation, price, packaging and promotion to optimize sales, share, profitability and build brand equity.
• Coordinates product management and/or cost reduction projects with internal and external resources to achieve results (product development, production planning, trade promotion, sales, market research, consultants and advertising agencies).
• Brand budget allocation and management
• Assists in brand forecast and annual product plans.
• Establishes and maintains agency relationships, leads connected brand planning with all partners.
• Collaborates with Sales, Finance, R&D, Operations, Regulatory, Legal,
• All other duties as assigned.
Action Oriented, Approachability, Business Acumen, Creativity, Customer Focus, Develop direct reports & others, Innovation Management Planning
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing. MBA preferred
- Demonstrated ability in creating fully integrated brand marketing plans
- Project and plan completion within deadlines are vital
- Strong organizational, communication and project management skills.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams from ideation to launch
- Highly collaborative position which requires strong ability to influence
- Creativity and flexibility is expected
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Minimum 5 years brand management experience with CPG brands
- Experience working with food & beverage manufacturing company a plus
Travel up to 25%
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
Location/Region: Muscatine, IA