We are seeking a candidate with a minimum of 5-7 years of Consumer Packaged Goods field sales key account experience with proven results cultivating mid to senior level retail executives relationships and utilizing strategic selling skills. D.C. metro area applicants are preferred, yet others open for consideration.
Summary of Position
Take a leadership role in building and strengthening relationships with retail customers, wholesalers and distributors to drive commitment to the confectionery industry and enhanced engagement in NCA. In working closely with the VP of Industry Affairs, develops and manages strategic customer engagement plans, builds NCA brand equity throughout the supply chain, and implements effective event strategies geared to improve customer involvement, loyalty and advocacy. The goal is enhanced engagement in NCA initiatives, including industry advocacy initiatives supporting the importance and the role of confectionery at retail, as well as signature events, including the Sweets & Snacks Expo, State of the Industry and Washington Forum.
Additionally, this position will support the value proposition through the commercialization and disseminating of industry research and education, support membership retention and acquisition campaigns, and other efforts to advance NCA market position. Accomplish department and organizational objectives, vision, strategy, values and financial metrics.
- Retail engagement (65%)
- Develop, implement, and manage to a strategic account penetration plan that includes goals, objectives, strategies and schedules for retail customer engagement.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key industry associations, trade media, and retail, wholesale and distributor thought leaders.
- Establish NCA presence in the confectionery and retailing industry to drive top of mind awareness for the category, NCA and its events and initiatives.
- Develop and manage cooperative alliances with partner retail and wholesale associations and trade media.
- Work cooperatively with the Public Policy and Communications teams and adjust advocacy messaging accordingly for maximum impact at retail.
- Support registration and attendance goals for NCA signature events through ongoing direct customer engagement and relationship building
- Manage and monitor key performance indicators and dashboards relative to events, campaigns and initiatives to evaluate effectiveness of customer acquisition initiatives and work to adjust plans and budgets as needed
- Ensure all marketing and communications to customers are aligned with NCA’s mission, vision, values and Always A Treat initiatives
- Work with VP Industry Affairs in the development and management of marketing, sales, and attendee acquisition budgets.
- Deliver extraordinary customer service to NCA members, industry trading partners and internal customers
Commercialization and Dissemination of Education and Research (20%)
- Manage and enhance the commercialization plan for educational and research curriculum to ensure optimized member and retail customer engagement, including the development of a resource library and marketing of resources.
- Research and negotiate relevant presentation opportunities at third-party, retailer and member events.
- Understand education, research and other needs from the membership and retail customers to deliver against marketplace needs to leverage these resources as a vital tool for building relationships.
- Work with internal staff and external partnerships for rollout.
- Identify potential partnership opportunities to generate new revenue streams.
Support membership and marketing initiatives (10%)
- Provide content support for membership retention and acquisition, including material preparation for member visits.
- Provide content support for marketing and communications campaigns, including market size and growth trends, growth drivers, etc.
Other duties as assigned (5%)
Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience, in Consumer Packaged Goods key account sales, customer service or similar role.
- Interpersonal savvy with a team, customer service, integrity and trust-building focus as well as the ability to successfully interact with members and customers of all title levels.
- Excellent verbal, selling, presentation and written communications skills.
- Excellent planning and project management skills with attention to detail, time and results.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and accomplish multiple ongoing tasks and projects.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in working with databases and large datasets is a plus.
- Experience with Decisionpoint, Citrix, Informz, Google analytics and iMIS is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other relevant course work, with an advanced degree a plus.
- Must have a thirst for continuous learning and personal development.