The position is located at our Boston office in the Seaport District. Relocation assistance is available.
A Day in the Life of the Director of Sales Strategy:
- Enables sales and brand to execute with excellence at customer
- Organization lead on Joint Business Plans
- Develop winning business strategies for all trade channels
- Understand drivers of business performance, trends, and opportunities at the customer and channel level.
- Interacts with various cross-functional groups (e.g. Sales Leadership Team, Marketing Leadership. Insights Leadership) to bring customer insight, category, and competitive intelligence to marketing plans.
- Responsible for generating category, shopper, and consumer insights-based selling materials (in conjunction with Sales Planning) to support strategic category and brand initiatives.
- Proactively pursue new distribution opportunities across categories
- Develop sales presentations combining brand, category, and retailer insights.
- Provide input on pricing and trade promotion strategies and plans.
- Lead product assortment and planogram recommendations.
- Bring sales and retailer perspective to new category launch plans.
- Analyze syndicated data to evaluate business results and identify issues/opportunities.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years related experience, including 5+ years proven success in CPG food/beverage sales management.
- Knowledge and experience with major US retailers across grocery, mass, and club channels.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with ability to influence and motivate.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills.
- Highly organized with attention to detail, capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results.
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
Location/Region: Boston, MA