Reily Foods Company, a 4th generation family owned food and beverage manufacturer wants your innovative and knowledgeable product development experience! Based out of New Orleans, LA, one of the top culinary cities in the country, we are known for our iconic brands such as Luzianne Iced Tea, Blue Plate Mayonnaiseand New England Coffee. We turn everyday occasions into meaningful moments and have been bringing family and friends together since 1902!
LET’S GET BREWING! The DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT will lead formulation and commercialization activities across all brands and channels of business for Reily Foods. The position is responsible for developing the strategic direction of the Product Development department. He/she will leverage ingredient and processing innovation in the development and commercialization of new, improved and cost-optimized formulations. The Director will act as a technical and business mentor as well as development coach for the Product Development team. This executive must persuade, influence and inspire through both verbal and written communication as well as demonstrate strong leadership and collaboration skills with their many internal and external partners.
BLENDING TO PERFECTION. The crucial step to this position’s success.
- Leads a team of Food Scientists to manage all product development and formulation activities from product conception to commercialization.
- Leads the development of plans & objectives to support the overall strategy of the business.
- Leads all formulation activities including new products as well as improving and/or cost optimizing existing products.
- Collaborate with plant operations to conduct plant trial runs and start-up operations.
- Builds and maintains a highly effective and high performing team, driving the personal development and engagement of the Product Development team.
- Leverage internal and external resources where needed to advance and commercialize initiatives (e.g. operations, quality, regulatory, supply chain, purchasing, co-mans, suppliers)
- Develops strategic partnerships to generate innovation and new opportunities.
- Manage shelf life and formulation stability testing.
- Provide leadership in the preparation of materials in support of commercialization and sales of new and improved products and programs.
- Provide the catalyst to develop and advance new product and platform ideas in support of business strategies; drive innovation through developing solutions that Reily consumers and customers value.
- Ensure new products meet financial cost expectations to support the business P&L for new products.
- Identifies new trends relevant to the industry, make recommendations to marketing, and translating to actionable platforms.
- Proactively engages the right resources in setting goals and delivering results. Lead indirectly, through influence and personal example.
- Identifies and implements best practices into the organization and recognizes and promotes new ideas.
- Aligns projects and their outcomes with Regulatory and QA for a successful introduction of products into the marketplace.
- Develop and manage the annual budget.
- Track industry trends, relevant legislation, and competitor activity.
- Continuously grow professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and conferences, reviewing professional publications, and conducting ingredient research.
THE SIMPLE INGREDIENTS. Ideal candidates will meet the following requirements.
- M.S. in Food Science or related field with minimum 10 years of experience, Ph.D. a plus.
- Demonstrated food industry experience in product development and formulation from concept through commercialization.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing teams, preferably in food product development.
- Proven leader, influencer and collaborator across multiple business functions.
- Excellent communication, negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong leader of teams, but also has a strong presence cross functionally and is viewed as a leader throughout the organization.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment and be willing to partner with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to “dive deep” into situations, address issues while also rising up to the strategic level.
- Growth driver that understands the value of building strong relationships with internal and external partners.
TASTE THE FLAVOR. This role offers lots of opportunity to be innovative, collaborative and provide value by helping Reily Foods continue to grow our iconic brands. Competitive salary & incentive plan. Benefits include health insurance, 401k, LTD, paid vacation and holidays!
Reily Foods Company is an equal opportunity employer, Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA