Accountable for the development and coordination of educational programs for staff, which comply with standards, set by the Department of Health, Department of Corrections, ACA, Corizon, licensing requirements and applicable laws. Coordinates the investigation of pharmacy related events, monitoring quality issues related to medication, develop solutions and implement education including management of secured storage areas, controlled substance logging and distribution and pyxis management. This position is full time. 8 hours of position is allocated for supervision.
1. Responsible for identifying and managing the development of programs to meet employee continuing education requirements. Seeks opportunities for hands on training for staff.
2. Chairman of the monthly education meeting, providing direction and follow through.
3. Coordinates and participates in new employee orientation complying with Corizon and DOCCS orientation guidelines.
4. Coordinates CPR classes based on employee needs with AHA standards.
5. Maintains CPR instructor status
6. Develops and maintains educational database providing mangers with quarterly reports on employee progress.
7. Participates in the quality assessment and improvement process.
8. Responsible to be knowledgeable and adhere to RN job description.
9. Performs additional duties as assigned by ADON, DON or designee within scope of practice.
1. Coordinates with pharmacy and staff quality occurrence reviews enabling resolutions in a timely manner.
2. Functions as pyxis manager to maintain up to date item lists that ensure appropriate staff access, restocking and evaluation and updating as identified and approved through the pharmacy and therapeutic committee.
1. High School diploma or equivalent, must have valid RN license in New York State.
2. Med/Surg, long term and critical care experience as well as teaching experience is preferred
Benefits for you: Opportunities for growth and advancement, Paid time off, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Tuition assistance, 401(K) with company match, free online Continuing Education program, and Comprehensive onboarding.
Background check, security clearance, and drug screening required.
Location/Region: Columbiaville, NY