The Director of IT Security, will be responsible for ensuring security has been implemented in new and existing information technology solutions. This role is expected to design solutions that enforce security best-practices and includes working with technical architects and engineers to develop secure solutions that mitigate high-risk areas. This role will also be expected to bring new technologies and designs to the table to enable competitive advantage and ensure protection of reputation and intellectual property.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Implementation of industry leading practices around cyber risks and security for on-prem and cloud solutions
- Designing and developing security policies, standards and procedures e.g. firewall management, SSL/IPSec, security incident and event management (SIEM), data protection (DLP, encryption), user account management (SSO, SAML), and password/key management.
- Support security aspects of business & IT initiatives by assisting in architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and operational transition of innovative & secure technology solutions.
- Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend and plan the implementation of new or updated information security technologies.
- Play an advisory role in IT projects to assess security requirements and controls and to ensure that security controls are implemented as planned. Complete remediation activities and initiate actions to ensure that compliance and security gaps are successfully addressed.
- Evaluate security controls employed by technology services providers to ensure information assets are adequately protected.
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
Location/Region: Lake Forest, IL