At ADVANTAGE SOLUTIONS, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! We are seeking a dynamic Senior Category Manager Team Leader to be an emerging leader who can leverage their knowledge and skills to mentor and guide a team of Category Managers, Category Leadership Associates, and Category Analysts to deliver winning solutions for our clients and customers. As an established expert in the application of all Category Management processes, this associate will utilize their technical expertise, strong foundational knowledge of the industry, and data (syndicated and shopper) driven insight creation to create value for our clients and customers while building the skills of their team. The Senior Category Manager Team Leader will be able to prioritize business requests to meet deadlines and drive optimal ROI while fostering a culture of continuous professional development, leading by example.
If you are looking to make a difference as a part of a great team, come, stay, grow and lead with the Analytics, Insights and Intelligence team at the Company! Apply Today!
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Engage with assigned clients/customers and internal stakeholders to understand and prioritize strategies and objectives and building strong, value-added relationships.
- Track and guide our RAVE process across direct reports, working to reinforce the importance of value creation measurement with clients/customers.
- Manage and mentor a small group of Category Managers, Category Leadership Associates, and Category Analysts in the principles and practices of Category Management.
- Continually identify, develop, and present engaging, insight-driven though leadership and analysis to clients, customers, and internal stakeholders.
- Be a Strategic Though Partner, driving insights into action through the deep analytics of the category, macro-trends, competitive landscape, pricing, promotion, assortment, space management, and shopper trends.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Math, Statistics, or Economic fields or equivalent job-related experience required
- 3-5 years of experience in Category Management role within the CPG industry
- Intellectually curious, eager to problem solve, and a quick learner
- Demonstrated ability to work with large data sets; an appetite for numbers and analytics
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize business requests
Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Location/Region: Eden Prairie, MN