University Hospitals (UH) is a community-based healthcare system which serves patients at more than 150 locations throughout Northern Ohio, including seven wholly owned and four affiliated hospitals.
Committed to advanced care and advanced caring, UH encompasses the region's largest network of primary care physicians, outpatient centers and hospitals. The network also offers specialty care physicians to treat almost every disease and condition, skilled nursing, elder health, rehabilitation and home care services, and occupational health and wellness. University Hospitals is the second largest private sector employer in Northeast Ohio and is within the top five largest private sector employers in the state of Ohio.
The B.I Solution Architect will work with technical peers and end users customers to create innovative data driven solutions for today's healthcare needs. The position requires a thorough understanding of complex large scale data models for healthcare clinical and business systems and emerging technologies to pair with this data to provide cutting edge solutions. T
his position will collaborate with a team of analysts, report writers and report developers to create and enhance clinical and business intelligence solutions utilizing the latest B.I technologies.
- Develop requirements and specifications in coordination with the Enterprise Reporting team, Database Administrators and UH Architects to build and enhance the data warehouse.
- Develop a practical roadmap for an enterprise-wide BI reporting and analytics platform.
- Define the overall BI data architecture, including ETL processes, ODS, EDW, data marts and data lakes.
- Recommend appropriate technologies to support the implementation of the BI roadmap.
- Collaborate with key business users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Develop strategies for data acquisition, archive recovery, and enterprise level database implementation.
- Create data models including robust data definitions, entity-relationship-attribute models, as well as relational and/or dimensional models.
- Design and implement Business Intelligence, information quality & information management governance.
- Provide hands-on data modeling (relational and dimensional) for Data Warehouse/Data Marts and overall BI Environment.
- Design data retrieval programs to import, extract, transfer, and load (ETL) data from heterogeneous data sources throughout the organization to support data warehousing initiatives.
- Designs, develops and supports ¢*‚-å'self-service¢*‚-* reporting options for non-technical end-users.
- Create functional and technical documentation including "as-built" documents, dashboard design specifications, operating manuals, release notes and security requirements for reports created and maintained. Update documentation on an annual basis or when changes occur.
- Create data integrity auditing processes to ensure and document data validity to the source systems
- Perform quality assurance testing of reports and dashboards, and facilitate user acceptance testing (UAT) sessions.
- Ensure quality of data and solutions prior to releasing to production.
- Provides technical support in retrieving data from a variety of database types and languages
- Proactively identifies and addresses scalability and performance bottlenecks to support data volumes.
- Where appropriate, evaluate and recommend new tools in clinical intelligence, reporting, and analysis.
*This role may encounter Protected Health Information (PHI) as part of regular responsibilities. UH employees must abide by all requirements to safely and securely maintain PHI for our patients. Annual training, the UH Code of Conduct and UH policies and procedures are in place to address appropriate use of PHI in the workplace. Experience & Knowledge:
Minimum 7 - 10 years of experience in delivering Business Intelligence solutions required.
Progressive experience with Relational and Dimensional Modeling required.
Experience in IT Healthcare desired.
In-depth expertise with data security, storage solutions, database virtualization and replication.
Expert level SQL skills required.
Knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing concepts and proven experience delivering both.
Knowledge of ETL concepts, development, and experience.
Knowledge and understanding of standardized Data Warehousing Concepts required.
Must work at a very high level of accuracy and have a broad knowledge of technical workings of database structure and protocols.
Working knowledge of relational database design, logical data modeling, data warehousing, and relational database management systems Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
Must have strong analytical skills with an ability to organize and communicate thoughts clearly.
Experience with clinical analytic systems is desired.
Must be able to demonstrate technical skill with a hands on technical screening process.
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
Experience with AWS, Redshift, Tableau, Cognos, Hadoop, Netezza, Pentaho or other like technologies all very desirable, Education:
High School diploma or GED required