SUMMARY OF ACCOUNTABILITIES:
This is a learning position where the incumbent will successfully manage special projects to gain understanding of the business, processes, people, and systems. This position may have direct product line responsibilities, subject to management discretion and incumbent readiness. This position reports to the Senior Product Manager.
- Develop, recommend, implement, and control the marketing plan for assigned retail products that includes sales volume, market share and profit goals, as well as marketing strategy and tactics to achieve these goals. Example: The incumbent collaborates with both sales & the BDG group in building the fiscal plan. Once the plan is approved, the incumbent manages their assigned categories in every facet of product management. The incumbent handles the responsibility of pricing, determining the most strategic marketing tactics while striving to achieve the volume & gross margin plan. The incumbent will also develop and distribute the promotional schedule to the entire sales team.
- Work with other managers to learn more about the entire enterprise in preparation for the position of Product Manager. Example: The incumbent will need to spend time with the Product Manager and Sr. Product Manager in order to get a better understanding of the objectives of the organization and what the other positions go in order to achieve the objectives.
- Gather, organize, and analyze information for preparation of marketing plans. Example: The incumbent will use the tools that they have available (IRI, Spectra, 8451) in order to better comprehend the competitive landscape and the needs/wants of the end consumer.
- Manage assigned Retail Marketing budget reporting in conjunction with PO management. Example: The incumbent will monitor the weekly information that is issued by the Administrative Assistant, and will compare/contrast the amount in the PO requisition to the invoice that was submitted.
- Take the lead role in managing the ‘push sheet’ while assisting in the collection of samples and sometimes sending them out. Example: The incumbent will be responsible for gathering all of the information (# of cases, code dates & inventory cost) for the distressed product and will provide the information to the other product managers.
- Work with outside partners including Advertising Agency, special events agency, sponsored teams with a focus on social media.
Work in partnership across departments to ensure the organization’s brand message is consistently distributed across multiple channels in order to meet consumer revenue volume goals and brand perception objectives.
Conduct campaign/promotion analysis, and communicate marketing results and effectiveness to senior management.
- BS Degree in Business and two to three years specific marketing work experience including New Product Development. Knowledge of meat industry and conventional supermarkets desired. Knowledge of regional geography and coupon clearing houses preferred but not required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must have strong computer skills required; Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet.
Must be able to interact with all levels of management, have strong sales leadership skills, creative problem solving and decision making skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.