The primary responsibility is to increase the efficiency of processes by assisting with the development, refinement, implementation, training, and auditing of corporate Quality Systems.
Education Requirements: A four year Bachelor degree with preference given to Construction Management, Engineering (Industrial or Manufacturing), or equivalent combinations of education and experience shall be considered.
Experience: At least one year of practical experience in a construction management, industrial engineering, Quality position, or similar is preferred but not required. Technical writing experience preferred but not required.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports Blattner's goal to be an industry leader in quality by improving and implementing procedures and processes, as directed by the Quality Director and Quality Systems Manager.
- Coordinates and facilitates discussions in person or via teleconference with market segments and departments regarding the development, implementation, and execution of Quality Systems.
- Assists with the implementation of new or changed processes by communicating with affected areas and assisting with a smooth implementation.
- Promotes, facilitates, and trains the understanding, adoption, and acceptance of Quality Systems throughout the organization.
- Monitors Best Practices and Quality Systems knowledge, understanding, and compliance through assessment, verification and auditing.
- Under direction of Quality Director and Quality Systems Manager writes policies and procedures that define and communicate Quality expectations throughout the organization.
- Develops forms and materials that will enhance and streamline Quality Systems.
- Conducts interviews, researches information, and analyzes data to assist in the formulation of Quality Systems processes and practices.
- Identifies problem areas and collaborates with others to create solutions.
- Utilizes the time of others involved in the process in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Has an awareness of costs involved with creating, implementing, and performing Quality Systems process changes or improvements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work independently and have the ability to facilitate, build enthusiasm, and achieve consensus among disparate groups.
- Must be able to reason logically and abstractly, and be able to negotiate and drive effective changes.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook). Microsoft Visio and Adobe InDesign experience preferred, but not required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and must be organized.
- Must have good time management skills; and a thorough understanding of corporate structure, culture, and processes.
- Skills in interpreting data, problem solving, and making recommendations for solutions are necessary. Involves travel to meet with projects to work on Quality Systems, gather info, implement new processes, conduct audits, etc.
- A minimum of 25%-50% travel required.