Warehouse Receiver I
Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
Reports To: Receiving Shift Supervisor
Overall Focus: Ensure that all ingredients are available for productions scheduled runs and that all ingredients meet all Ainsworth specifications for incoming ingredients.
FLSA Designation: Hourly Non-Exempt
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Ensures a safe work environment for team by demonstrating and enforcing safe behavior.
- Contributes to our safety culture by displaying a positive, safety first behavior
- Follows all safety practices/procedures
- Reports safety hazards and/or incidents in a timely manner
- Always wears required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Follows proper lockout tag out (LOTO) procedures
- Encourages co-workers to work safely and follow safety procedures
Successfully adheres to assigned aspects of the Operations Execution Model.
* Strives to deliver World Class Customer Service.
* Effectively communicates with Shift Supervisor.
* Puts forth maximum effort through demonstrated behaviors.
* Actively demonstrates respect for all people, product, processes, equipment, and customers.
* Ensures Food Safety & Quality program is adhered to.
* Adherence to Prerequisite Programs – follows sanitation controls, adheres to CCP controls and procedures, notifies supervisor of quality and food safety issues, prevents cross-contamination
* Adherence to Good Documentation Practices – does not use pencils or whiteout, when making a mistake or write over crosses out with a single line, corrects, initials and dates.
* Compliance with procedures, protocols and process specifications.
* Adheres to all Ainsworth Customer Quality requirements
* Demonstrates a sense of urgency to escalate quality issues appropriately
* Maintains a clean work environment
* Fully compliant with GMPs
* Executes Sanitation practices to expectations
* Exhibits perfect behavior with hand and shoe sanitizing
* Demonstrates understanding of Hygienic Zoning and Food Safety requirements in daily activities
* Follows 5S principles
- All Staff shall be informed of their responsibility to report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
* Meet all quality measures on product being received.
* Sense of Urgency to escalate Quality or Food Safety issues.
* Use tools and environment to ensure quality requirements are being met.
* Adhere to daily plans to achieve finished goods schedule.
* Manages inventory movement transactions in ERP (Enterprise Resources Planning) software Microsoft Dynamics & Mixing Control System with 100% accuracy, 100% agreement between Item Reclass Log transaction ledger entries and NAV ledger entries.
* Successfully performs bi-weekly check sample validation lab testing & maintains compliance always with lab SOP (MD-AD-QA-003, MD-AD-QA-004, MD-AD-QA-034) requirements relevant to the CCP to control Aflatoxin/DON, 0 CCP Corrective Actions Filed by Plant QA.
* Understands and adheres to GIPSA (Grain Inspection, Packers & Stockyards) code while performing raw material sampling procedures, 0 Issues reported during GIPSA Audit (3rd party: Moses)
* Determine through various test procedures & log quality data into AQD (Ainsworth Quality Database) software, 0 In progress AQD Non-Conformance issues, 100% all submitted and complete.
* Accurately perform all tasks related to SQF (Safe Quality Food) PRP (Pre Requisite Programs) including: Bin Routing Verification, Item Reclassification Log Tracking, Unloading Center Magnet Inspections, 0 PRP Corrective Actions Filed by Plant QA.
* Efficient operation of unloading process automation & navigation of plant HMI’s & web based computer applications (Set Up, Start, Complete Unloading Processes), Consistently meets pace with established production targets.
* Facilitates 0 preventable hours of demurrage (added) fees by unloading bulk deliveries at scheduled appointment times.
* Takes accountability for Daily Plan success and follows through with all assigned tasks
* Prioritizes ingredient unloading to maximize mixing system uptime
* Understands common area productivity failure modes by being able to troubleshoot or promptly source relevant subject matter experts on each
* Promptly and Efficiently unloads ingredients requested by area supervisor or control room operator
* Reports to work area on time on scheduled work days 100% of the time
* Creates a positive work environment for teammates.
* Assumes responsibility for own personal development and continuous learning.
* Keeps abreast on new technology, methods and regulations related to responsibilities
* Practices customer intimacy with internal and external customers in day to day responsibilities
* Lives by the Ainsworth values
(Knowledge and skills necessary to meet organizational objectives)
Education/Training: High School Diploma or GE
Experience: Fork truck operation, warehouse receiving or loading experience preferred. Prior experience with grains is helpful.
SKILLS CORE COMPETENCIES
(Abilities required of all positions)
- Ability to identify key issues and relationships based on information being communicated by a variety of resources
- Making decisions based on logical assumptions combined with factual information while keeping the organizational values and goals in mind
- An understanding of the love for pets and the importance of the pet/pet parent relationship
- Enduring energy and engagement in the Ainsworth Pet Nutrition culture
- Be a brand and company evangelist
- Working and communicating appropriately and effectively across roles and departments
- Understanding and working towards the long term goals of Ainsworth Pet Nutrition as a unified force
* Customer Intimate
- Understanding and exceeding the customer's needs and expectations, both externally and internally
- Ability to use, understand, and learn from unreserved, honest conversations with other individuals, while still respecting all those involved in the dialogue
- Open, forthright communication that stimulates debate and new ideas amongst a group, as well as with yourself
- Does what they say they are going to do
- Instills trust through actions and behaviors
- Change Agent
- Can adjust to a new environment quickly
- Accepts change as a way of life and works proactively to adapt
JOB- RELATED COMPETENCIES
(Abilities required of this position)
* Proficient of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook.
* Knowledgeable of problem solving and process improvement tools, methods and LEAN.
* Sense of urgency to escalate issues when needed.
* Ability to create a positive work environment.
* Ability to lead team to execute daily plans and achieve results.
* Ability to coach team members.
* Excellent verbal and written skills.
(Necessary to perform essential functions of job with or without an accommodation)
* Climb ladders and bins
* Maneuver in tight spaces
* Ability to lift 50+ lbs. repetitively
* Differentiate between colors
* Work in extreme temperature conditions (hot or cold)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Salary: US$15 - US$23 per year