The Topps North America Sports & Entertainment marketing team is currently seeking an experienced Director of Marketing to support its sports and entertainment lines. In this role, successful candidates will ideally have experience in sports marketing or working on a heavily licensed driven product line, with additional experience in a classical marketing organization. Additionally, this role will be responsible for leading and developing a marketing team, while also lending strategic insights cross functionally to ensure marketing initiatives align with the vision and business plans of our product lines.
For additional information please visit: www.topps.com
- Develop investment strategy to maximize ROI as part of the strategic planning process, taking a holistic product line viewpoint.
- Challenge status quo and constantly be looking for more efficient and effective ways to maximize return on spending.
- Increase trading card segment (and subsequent market share) by developing and driving execution of annual marketing plans.
- Oversees development of brand communications and ensures execution across all platforms (multi-media, marketing/sales materials, digital, trade shows, and promotions).
- Provides strategic leadership to outside Marketing/PR agencies.
- Leads the development of effective channel strategies, working closely with Customer Marketing & Sales Management teams to identify business building opportunities.
- Establishes communication flow and relationships with internal and external customers, Community Members, and Industry Influencers.
- Applies internal and external knowledge of trends, analysis and business operations to ensure success of all product lines, including identification of macro trends and opportunities within the market to best leverage tools and marketing initiatives.
- Must be able to identify and prioritize opportunities and/or issues through the use of data and business implications to impact success of marketing efforts, or identify new directions for strategies and programs to maintain and enhance success of all current and future endeavors.
- Bears full Marketing budget responsibility to achieve target financials.
- Oversees brand promotional calendar and KPI reviews.
People Management (Leadership):
- Provides skill and career development mentorship to a marketing team consisting of a Marketing Manager, Communications Manager, Associate Digital Marketing Manager and a Customer Marketing Manager.
- Supervises, retains and motivates marketing staff through the use of ongoing feedback, annual/semi-annual reviews and maintaining a positive team atmosphere.
- B.A./B.S. Degree Required.
- MBA Preferred or equivalent work experience in marketing leadership.
- Minimum 6-8 years' experience in sports marketing or relevant traditional consumer marketing.
- Strong working knowledge of ever changing social/digital mediums, Direct to Consumer experience a plus.
- Proven leadership and strategic abilities.
- Must be decisive, action-oriented leader with experience managing others.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels and cross functionally within an organization, in addition to outside vendors and partners.
- Creative problem solver who can demonstrate the ability to multitask, handle multiple priorities and drive results through time and project management.
- Experience within Sports, Entertainment and Collectibles is a plus.
Headquartered in New York, NY, The Topps Company is a leading creator and marketer of sports and entertainment products and distinctive confections. Topps' North America Sports and Entertainment division produces trading cards, sticker album collections, and collectible games related to iconic global brands such as Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, Star Wars, English Premiere League, Bundesliga, UEFA Champions League, and World Wrestling Entertainment. The company has also expanded its portfolio of products to include digital trading cards. Topps Digital Apps produces, develops and operates mobile applications that give you access to an exclusive digital card collection at your fingertips that are sold via the Apple and Google app stores under the brand names BUNT, HUDDLE, KICK, and Star Wars Card Trader. Topps' confectionery brands, which are marketed under its Bazooka Candy Brands division, include Bazooka bubble gum, Ring Pop, Push Pop, Baby Bottle Pop, and Juicy Drop Pop confectionery items.
The Topps Company was founded in 1938 as Topps Chewing Gum, and in its early years produced a popular penny "Topps Gum" from a factory in Brooklyn, NY. After World War II, the company developed Bazooka Bubble Gum, and in 1950, added trading cards to its product line. Baseball cards appeared in 1951 and quickly became a vital part of pop culture, a tradition that continues to this day.