Performs visual, mechanical, functional, dimensional or electrical inspection of a variety of raw materials and products in the production assembly process through to final system assembly. Performs inspection tasks involving the use of a wide variety of test instruments and equipment to measure values and record functional operation of components, equipment, systems, supplies and materials. Determines acceptability, and identifies and recommends disposition of defective items in accordance with established procedures.
- Works from blueprints, drawings, process sheets, engineering change orders and written and verbal instruction to inspect mechanical parts, subassemblies and assemblies against required quality standards (i.e., hardness, thickness, painting, plating, etc.).
- Utilizes standard precision tools such as micrometers, verniers, optical comparator, coordinate measuring machines and gauges to measure dimensions where tolerances may be exacting and parts are intricate in nature. Performs simple calculations to determine angles, tolerances, dimensions and other specified measurements.
- Identifies defects and calculates defect rates against specified control limits.Inspects and tests parts, subassemblies and assemblies after rework, modifications or repairs to verify defects have been corrected and ensure continuity to drawings, prints, etc.
- Performs simple setups of inspection equipment.
- Applies inspection stamp for acceptability of mechanical parts, subassemblies and assemblies. May perform final inspection prior to customer acceptance to ensure end product meets customer requirement. Interfaces with engineering regarding technical issues and problem resolution.
- May conduct quality audits to confirm processes are being accurately completed. May perform field return evaluations to ensure returns are repaired within quality guidelines.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent).
- 2 years related experience – specifically 2 years inspection.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
- US Citizenship
- Proficiency in mathematics specifically trigonometry and geometry.
- Experience in defense contract or similar industry.
- Experience with inspection of soldered components per the J-standard