Is data and reporting your passion? – Come work for VGM, we’re hiring Business Analysts to support a software rewrite project. Full-time and contract to full-time positions available.
The position supports HOMELINK by compiling, formatting, and reporting information and materials.
Reports to: VP of Information Services
Hours: Full-time 40 hours/Overtime Exempt
Working Location: Waterloo, Iowa; will entertain remote applicants
Responsibilities/Duties of the Job
- Works with the business to identify opportunities for improvement in business operations and processes.
- Involved in the design or modification of business systems or IT systems.
- Interacts with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their problems and needs.
- Gathers, documents and analyzes business needs and requirements.
- Solves business problems and, as needed, designs technical solutions.
- Documents the functional and the technical solutions.
- Interacts with system architects and developers to ensure the system is properly implemented.
- Facilitates use case test scenarios with subject matter experts.
- Create test plans for system testing and user acceptance testing.
- Create documentation and train the training team.
- Facilitates User Acceptance testing.
- Follows strict HIPAA confidentiality guidelines.
- Must comply with continuing education per company or accreditation mandate.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Accomplished experience working in a professional BA role. Bachelor’s degree desired but not required with significant/equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Good organization, prioritization and time management skills.
- Ancillary Healthcare, Home Medical Equipment, and/or Workers’ Compensation Industry experience a plus.
- Analyzing Information, Written Communication, Organization, Statistical Analysis, General Math Skills, Data Entry Skills, Microsoft Office Skills, Self-Development, Financial Skills.
- Sitting at desk, standing and walking, in office and throughout facility
- Operation of office machinery and equipment
- Visual abilities to include reading, distance vision and peripheral vision
VGM Group, Inc. is a national leader in diverse industries including health care, insurance and golf. Since inception in 1986, VGM (www.VGMgroup.com) has been providing business solutions to more than 25,000 companies throughout the United States and Canada, positioning them to save money and run more efficiently.
We are headquartered in Waterloo, Iowa, where nearly 80 percent of our more than 900+ employee owners are based. Other offices are in Georgia, Kansas, Florida, Arizona, New Jersey, and Toronto, Ontario (Canada).
The VGM Group is one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Iowa, 100% employee owned, and has a company culture like no other. As an employee of the VGM Group, Inc. one has the opportunity to interact with all levels of the organization. In doing so, the right person will see the opportunity for personal and professional growth and take the appropriate steps to make that happen for their benefit and that of The VGM Group.
VGM Group, Inc. is 100% employee owned. As an employee of VGM individuals receive
- Gifted Employee Stock Ownership,
- 401k with up to 3% company match,
- Health Benefits - single to family, Dental, Vision, Long-term Disability etc., free walk-in clinic,
- PTO (Paid Time Off),
- Paid holidays.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be inherent to the position. Reasonably related additional duties may be assigned to the individual Associate. VGM is an equal opportunity employer.