The Brand Activation team activates Ocean Spray’s brand strategies to drive growth with key retailers. We are a part of the North America Marketing Team, working closely with other areas of Marketing (Brand, Insights, Communications, Innovation), directly with our key retail customers, as well as with key cross-functional partners across the cooperative including Sales, R&D, Finance, and Commercialization.
This position is responsible for both the development and execution of annual, strategic marketing plans that drive profitable growth for a subset of our key retailers. Forming and maintaining productive and collaborative partnerships with key sales counterparts across Ocean Spray is critical to success in this position. The brand manager is expected to provide leadership both within the marketing function and across the enterprise for all opportunities and issues impacting the business.
The position is located at our Corporate Office in Lakeville, MA. Full relocation assistance will be provided.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead development of growth strategies across key customers
- Partner with sales to develop and execute annual growth plans for key customers, directly tied to overall customer strategies
- Partner with sales to prepare for and attend critical customer appointments including, but not limited to, line reviews and innovation presentations
- Work closely with shopper agency and sales partners to identify, develop, and execute strategic customer-specific marketing programs to drive key brand initiatives
- Develop and manage relationships with key marketing contacts at customers and agency partners
- Develop marketing personnel through coaching, appropriate supervision, and feedback
- Provide cross-functional leadership and direction to translate strategy into tactics and action
- Lead execution of customer-specific programs, partnerships, activities, and events, gaining all necessary approvals
- Lead development of point of sale materials to support in-store activation with outside agencies and internal, cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with Brand, Brand Communications, and Insights to ensure full connectedness of account-level activity with national brand strategies and activities
- Oversee Brand Activation budget & programs for designated retailers
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA strongly preferred
- Must have 5+ years of consumer packaged goods brand management experience. Ideal candidate will have a mix of traditional Brand Management, Shopper Marketing, and/or Sales experience with top domestic retail accounts.
- Strong analytical skills: quantitative and qualitative
- Strong creative problem solving and change management abilities
- Ability to link strategies and objectives to develop a plan
- Superior presentation skills, both in development of compelling stories and in presenting them at all levels within internal and customer organizations
- Excellent communication skills
- Travel up to 10%
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
Location/Region: Lakeville, MA