The primary purpose of this position is perform and review general accounting activities and projects associated with Fixed Assets for the Corporate Controllers Group (CCG). This position requires sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), general ledger controls, preparation and/or review of balance sheet reconciliations, assistance with period-end close, assistance with internal and external audits, and analysis of financial results for assigned areas. This position will communicate frequently with personnel at all levels with the Corporate Controllers Group (CCG) and throughout the Company. The consistency, accuracy, and timeliness of this communication are vital and must clearly convey all outstanding issues.
- Assist in maintaining controls over accounting transactions to ensure the accuracy of the general ledger including documentation of Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Provide support for internal and external financial statements in compliance with GAAP and/or other regulatory requirements.
- Participate in period-end close activities to ensure timely completion of tasks, including identification and resolution of unusual items and issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Lead special projects involving financial accounting matters, such as mergers/acquisitions, policy updates, business partner requests, creation of new processes and business systems conversions.
- Serve as the central point of contact for various areas of the department as assigned.
- Perform general accounting activities in the SAP general ledger and SAP Fixed Assets, business warehouse reporting, and the use of the Comprehensive Accounting Excellence (CAE) tool (Also known as “Assurenet”).
- Assist in internal and external audits.
- Complete requests from business/corporate partners in timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively work in a team environment both within and outside of assigned area of responsibility.
- Provide guidance and communicate with remote team members in a 3rd party outsourcing relationship.
- Review and/or prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and continuously perform an aggressive review of the balance sheet for assigned area.
- Prioritize multiple activities simultaneously.
- Ensure all assigned accounting transactions are properly recorded in accordance with GAAP as well as in accordance with policies and common business language as defined by Corporate Accounting.
- Assist with the implementation of corporate initiatives and maintain sound financial policies and procedures.
- Evaluate effectiveness of processes and procedures and develop improvements as needed.
- Alert management of situations that may adversely affect the company’s overall financial condition.
- Review and perform Monthly and Quarterly tasks in accordance with GAAP and audit requirements (as noted in the CAE/Assurenet tool)
- Review and perform journal entries in accordance with GAAP and audit requirements, ensuring that support and documentation “stands alone” and is easy to follow (as noted in the CAE tool)
- Review and perform reconciliations of assigned GL accounts in accordance with GAAP and audit requirements, ensuring that support and documentation “stands alone” and is easy to follow (as noted in the CAE tool)
- Cross train team members and contractors as assigned.
- Document all recurring processes in the CAE/Assurenet tool and update existing documentation as changes occur.
- Comply with all Confidentiality rules and requirements set forth by CCG Management and the Code of Conduct.
- Assist with the closing of financial systems and identify and resolve unusual items and issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Serve as primary contact for assigned business areas, coordinating accounting efforts between operations, segments, corporate finance and the CCG.
- Exercise judgment in financial, operational, or transactional analysis to identify and help resolve issues.
- Prioritize multiple activities to ensure accurate and timely completion of both scheduled and extemporaneous tasks within a tight deadline.
- Ability to identify and promptly communicate situations that may materially affect the company’s overall financial condition.
- Ability to lead multiple projects and assignments at the same time with minimal supervision
- Functional involvement in change management is frequent and eminent.
- Be a team player
- Embrace feedback with an open mind.
- Anticipate and welcome some change in job duties as business demands change and staff changes
- Communicate meaningfully, regularly, and respectfully.
- Ask Clarifying Questions when things aren’t clear and teach others to do this.
- Time Management Agility– ability to juggle multiple assignments with varying due dates. Will require working with supervisor to determine priorities at times.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently
- Assume positive intent
- Help to build a new strong team culture - Maintain a positive outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- CPA, CMA certification and/or advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of business experience in public accounting, corporate accounting, manufacturing, etc.
- Strong communication, organization, planning, and project management skills
- Balance sheet account reconciliation experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.
Location/Region: Omaha, NE