The Prescription Diet Brand Manager is responsible for the development and execution of brand plans, programs, and go-to- market activities to achieve the brand’s short and long term business objectives. Responsible for leading the brand team in developing strategic priorities, IMC briefs, assessing critical issues, and recommending strategic and tactical solutions. Monitor and analyze sales volumes, market trends, digital and promotional initiatives, and competitive activity. Ensure consistent and effective brand messaging to the veterinarian profession/ consumer, and consistent consideration of retail environment specific needs/tactics.
• Develop, align and execute brand marketing plans for specific categories
• Set KPI’s to track (6P’s) and the actions plans to close the opportunities.
• Collaborate with CDO/sales analytics in tracking these metrics.
Go-to- Market & Integrated Marketing Communications
• Lead brand team in new product launches, re-launches, and updates
• Lead updates/localization of 6P’s and customer long lead decks
• Lead marketing creative briefs for brand activation
Retail & Sales Activation
• Develop sales materials for new & existing products; Design & produce promotions and promotional materials, and handover to sales operations for final field execution
• Attend regular sales meetings, inform them of key information and train on commercial components of new products
• Develop and lead brand presence at veterinary conferences
Insights & Analytics
· Develop strong business and functional understanding of the therapeutic condition segments (eg weight), our products and the competitive set, and develop plans to address issues/opportunities
· Develop & utilize strong vet health care team and consumer (shopper) insights of the category, market and condition of focus.
· Understand the clinic retail environment, sales reps and field team needs to deliver strong promotional and marketing programs
• Conduct meetings and conference calls with key customers; review current products, upcoming promotions, etc.
Commercial Planning and Monitoring
• Support annual budget planning process
• Ongoing monitoring and analysis on brand sales, volume, market share, promotional activities, competitive insights
• Recommend areas for brand improvement and remediation
• Support the objective setting, performance and development of direct reports
Basic qualifications include:
BS/BA with 6+ years of experience in brand marketing, retail marketing, trade
marketing or management consulting
Preferred qualifications include:
MBA. 4+ years of experience in CPG, pharmaceutical, or veterinary professions
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
Location/Region: Topeka, KS