At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. If you’re interested in work that matters, fueled by passion for pets, we invite you to apply to our Pet Territory Manager's postiiton based out of your home office in Sacramento, CA. This position will cover accounts in Northern San Francisco/Oakland area up to Redding and over to the Coast in Fort Bragg. Additionally, this position will call on accounts in NW Nevada. You can anticipate approximately 6 overnight stays per month for this territory.
As a Pet Territory Manager for Hill's Pet Nutrition, you will be part of a district sales team ensuring high levels of customer service and delivery of our industry-leading, premium dog and cat food products to an assigned group of 80-100 pet store accounts. You will be part of a premier global company with cutting edge products substantiated by the best Research and Development. You will be supported by the best training in the industry and world-class marketing and sales lead programs.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage an account base of retail pet stores, delivering volume, net sales, consumption and new item distribution objectives.
- Promote and merchandise Hill's products and services
- Deliver training seminars to store associates to educate them on the superior economic and nutritional value of Hill's pet diets and products
- Contribute to pets' well-being by driving endorsement of our products by pet store staff
- Develop creative account specific strategies to drive results
- Implement promotional & educational programs and tactical sales plans to exceed goals
- Rollout new product launches and increase in-store presence and market leadership for all products
- Stay abreast of competitive climate in assigned territory
- Achieve calls per day objectives
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Bachelor degree required
- 2 or more years prior retail field sales experience, managing an account base with tactical call planning OR college graduate with a recent, sales focused internship.
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, email and mobile applications
- Ability to push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds
- Valid driver's license
- Some overnight travel is required, approximately 6 nights per month
- Prior consumer packaged goods experience.
- Excellent communication, relationship building, and presentation skills, highly competitive, tenacious, and self-motivated
- Ability to relocate within one to three years for future opportunities
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Drive to grow and build a territory and a passion for pets
- Good analytical skills and basic understanding of business and business terminology
- Good work ethic, professional appearance and approach, high integrity
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
Location/Region: Sacramento, CA