We are currently seeking an Inventory Accountant for the Michael Angelo’s business line who will establish, implement and manage inventory management policies and procedures for the manufacturing plant. This is a hands-on position for someone who is motivated by adding value to the business and helping Sovos Brands achieve aggressive growth targets. Analyzes inventory levels, payment terms, product demand, and shipment schedules to determine reorder levels to ensure product availability and minimize inventory costs. A great cross-functional role for someone who can effectively communicate with Purchasing, Inventory, Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis teams on data validation, exception reporting, forecasting, inventory analysis and free cash flow.
• Lead physical inventories and cycle counts to validate inventory balances needed for contract agreements, forecasted sales and scheduled distribution
• Track, analyze and resolve inventory out of balances, validating root cause
• Review and analyze any inventory changes or adjustments and manage the weekly and monthly reporting on inventory levels
• Research financial impact of gains and losses in order to properly reflect balance sheet
• Perform working capital analysis, variance analysis, purchase forecasting and compliance
• Create monthly analysis focused on the payment term benefit from working capital, purchase spend, inventory value free cash flow projections; analyzes details of variance drivers, and a forecast for the current quarter/year
• Provide accurate monthly summary of inventory performance
• Communicate operational data in clear and concise manner with Finance/Accounting team.
• Strive for continuous process improvement in assigned areas
• Generate ad hoc analysis, KPI reports and operational dashboards as needed
• Perform related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field and years of directly related and progressively responsible experience in inventory management or cost accounting
• US GAAP experience and technical accounting knowledge around Inventory / COGS
• Strong understanding of financial processes and systems
• Working knowledge of data analysis, data mining tools including data warehouse applications, ERP systems (ROSS a plus), Advanced MS Access and Excel, and other query and reporting tools
• Strong aptitude for working capital and operations research analysis.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Ability to establish good relationships; drives lasting change across functional boundaries; ability to work with all levels within the organization
• Demonstrated understanding of operational impacts on financial processes
• Ability to rapidly gain an understanding of Sovos policies, philosophy, goals and objectives in order to affect financial oversight in protecting the company's assets
• Self-starter, eager to learn, result-oriented and creative strategic thinker
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
Sovos Brands is new kind of food & beverage company with a mission to acquire and build one-of-a kind brands. Sovos has the soul of a startup, the experience of an industry leader, and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the leading global private equity firms in the world. We will invest in and grow high quality brands such as Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods and Rao’s Homemade, in on-trend categories that consumers love.
Location/Region: Austin, TX