Sovos Brands is seeking a Plant EH&S Manager, located in Austin Tx. Reporting to the Plant Manager, this role will lead the site safety, environmental and security programs including controlling loss to personnel, property and assets and working to insure environmental compliance. This functional leader will drive the development and implementation of policy change, alter procedures and ensure location compliance with state/federal OSHA, insurance, corporate guidelines and EPA requirements. The role requires strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills as well as planning skills in order to foster collaborative relationships and Associate engagement in the safety, environmental and security culture of Sovos Brands.
- Monitor workplace health and safety risks and hazards, and advise Associates and Managers on how to minimize and eliminate these risks and hazards.
- Develop and conduct safety-related training to assist all associates in meeting compliance requirements.
- Investigate accidents, near misses and property loss claims and recommend actions to prevent recurrence.
- Serve as the Technical resource for all relevant plant and environmental permits.
- Perform Job Safety Analysis and provide process and machinery compliance specifications/recommendations to Production & Maintenance Resources.
- Ensure accurate and timely EHS recordkeeping, document management and effective case management.
- Prepare, maintain, and submit all records and reports required by the Company and regulatory agencies including the OSHA 300 log and injury records, Tier 2 & form R reporting, RMP, Annual Storm Water Reporting, Wastewater Reports, etc.
- Lead and/or assist with emergency response activities following spills and releases.
- Lead the ongoing development and review of continuous improvement programs related to air, water, wastewater and solid/hazardous waste.
- Lead the development, review, and implementation of site emergency programs (e.g., facilitate site level drills).
- Lead the development, review, and revision of safety and environmental training programs Prioritize major hazards and risks across the site, and ensure actions are taken to mitigate or eliminate risks.
- Lead, coordinate, and participate in EHS performance improvement initiatives; innovate as you inform and influence at all levels and functions to ensure that health and safety is a priority and continuously improved upon.
- Ensure project safety reviews are documented for all capital projects performed at the site.
- Related Bachelor's degree and at least eight (8) years experience in the environmental, health and safety field in a manufacturing environment. Prefer EHS experience in a food-manufacturing environment and experience managing a Process Safety Management Program.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations including but not limited to air, wastewater, storm water, solid and hazardous waste regulations, PSM
- Strong leadership, training, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, research and analytical skills
- OSHA 500 Certified
- Professional Designation a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Position may require work coverage beyond the normal hours, shifts, and weekend/holiday coverage.
About this company
Sovos Brands is new kind of food & beverage company with a mission to acquire and build one-of-a kind brands. Sovos has the soul of a startup, the experience of an industry leader, and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the leading global private equity firms in the world. We will invest in and grow high quality brands such as Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods and Rao’s Homemade, in on-trend categories that consumers love.
Location/Region: Austin, TX