The Manager of Shopper Marketing will drive a Shopper/Customer lens to the entire go-to-market process for assigned brands in order to drive our Brand and Company objectives. The position will work with our Analytics & Insights, as well as Category Leadership functions to understand how our target consumers behave as shoppers in different channels and formats. The Manager will also work with Field Shopper Marketing, Customer Strategy Planning, and Global Marketing partners to bring shopper expertise to the forefront of brand and Customer planning. The role will lead integration of shopper strategy within our marketing programs, resulting in a holistic go-to-market plan that benefits our brands, consumers, customers and shoppers. This position will be responsible for leading the development of shopper marketing and merchandising vehicles to support our programs that influence shopper conversion along the path to purchase.
- Drives shopper consideration early upstream in Brands’ annual operating plan, Brands’ long term strategy as well as Brands’ integrated marketing plans
- Collaborates with our Insights & Analytics and Category Leadership teams to gain understanding of brand shopper insights (trips, drivers, barriers, share of voice, etc.) in order to identify opportunities by channel/customer
- Determines optimal brand/shopper/customer intersection and maximized ROI opportunity in order to drive A&P spend
- Identifies brand optimal shopper targets as well as develop the relevant intersection between shopper and consumer by channel/retailer
- Develops brand shopper objectives/strategies/measures that drive the holistic path to purchase
- Leads development of in-store vehicles for assigned brands from setting the strategy to ensuring they meet financial requirements in order to drive maximized ROI
- Drives communication of brand knowledge and news to the Field Shopper Marketing team as well as drive visibility of the field activation back to the Brand Team and other cross-functional counterparts
- Drive learnings through post event analytics tools
- Accountable for brand driven shopper marketing funding including in-store vehicle development spend
- Manages agency resources to ensure solid development of actionable, insight based creative for in store vehicles
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of Brand, Agency, Shopper and/or Integrated Marketing experience.
- Consumer packaged goods experience required. Previous Shopper Marketing experience strong plus.
- Prior experience planning and executing marketing programs which leverage multiple media vehicles.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to function effectively in a team environment and to present in front of high-level customer decision makers.
- Strategic thought leader who can confidently develop long term plans while also quickly addressing immediate near term requests.
- Strong collaboration skills: Ability to work collaboratively with multiple groups and functions in a highly matrixed organization.
- Proven ability to work with multiple teams and influence cross-functional partners.
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.
Location/Region: Mason, OH